Slide up blind and flyscreen combined with pushout plastic window

Submitted: Friday, May 07, 2010 at 16:13
ThreadID: 78280 Views:5045 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,
I have previously owned a Millard caravan; then a Jayco caravan, and now have a second hand 6 metre UK Coachman caravan, tandem axle, which has a great layout for the trip around Australia.

I am always looking for good new ideas to incorporate in my van, and saw a Jurgens 6 metre caravan at the recent Sydney show.
The plastic windows were pushout types (not windout) with external gas strut supports, and were internally fitted with a combined vertical slide up white flyscreen and a slide up white blind that operated independently of each other.

This meant that from inside the van with a large "picture" window you would have a totally unobstructed view of (hopefully) a great view....

The usual caravan web sites (Camec, awardrv, ajpm, and caravanwindows.com.au, etc ) don't have this exact type of window setup.

Jurgens have an Australian supplier, but are only interested in selling me a new van, not in naming their suppliers.

Would anyone have any helpful info on this?

Cheers, Peter.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Friday, May 07, 2010 at 17:25

Friday, May 07, 2010 at 17:25
Spaceland have similar I think Try them
AnswerID: 415746

Reply By: BubblesT - Friday, May 07, 2010 at 20:59

Friday, May 07, 2010 at 20:59
Yes, we have them in our Spaceland van. I have just replaced the overhead hatches as little pebbles from camping under trees fell on the blind side when hatch was open. Rolled back blind without removing pebbles (cannot see them from underneath) and rolled out again left little holes looked terrible. We have 7 of them around the van and I am sure they are from Dometic. Cost me $250 each to replace 2 vents 900 x 600. You have to buy the whole surround not just the blinds.Mine were ordered and fitted from Caravan Sales & Repairs on Bowen Road, Townsville Qld. Excellent to deal with.
AnswerID: 415780

Reply By: Sawtybt - Saturday, May 08, 2010 at 16:17

Saturday, May 08, 2010 at 16:17
Peter,

We have them in our van and they are made by Dometic.
AnswerID: 415858

Sponsored Links