Update on Prado blown turbo

Follow up on my previous thread, after proving that I was overseas was the reason that my car had not been serviced for 8 months instead of the required 6 months even though the car had only travelled 4,000 klms.
The warranty insurance company sent out an assessor to look at the turbo and confirm the it was stuffed. The approval was given to replace it, $4045 with labour. All this took nearly 2 and 1/2 weeks.
Finally got the car back yesterday and am heading for Darwin via Canberra to-day.
The difference towing the caravan is amazing probably been playing up for some time.
Moral of the story is to make sure when under warranty is make sure the car is serviced to the makers requirements.
Regards
Ted G
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wherehegon - Friday, May 28, 2010 at 22:43

Friday, May 28, 2010 at 22:43
Hi Ted, good outcome for you. What model prado was it ?? I presume by only having 4k on it, it is the new model (150) or was it the runout of the 120 series ?? did they give you an explanation as to what caused the turbo to fail in the first place ?? Maybe had a fault from the factory in production. Regards Steve
AnswerID: 418607

Follow Up By: Ted G - Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 19:53

Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 19:53
Hi Steve
It was a 120 2005 model total of 70,000 on the clock the 4k was since the last service.
The full details was on my previous thread about 2 weeks ago.
Regards
Ted
FollowupID: 688829

Sponsored Links