tassie in september

Submitted: Friday, May 28, 2010 at 22:38
ThreadID: 78863 Views:2960 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hi every one.
were heading over to tassie for two weeks in the september school hollidays.
we are hiring a motorhome and would love to know of some must see places while over there.
i would love a list of must see places then we can plan our trip to see as many as we can.we decided to hire the motor home so we are not towing the van every where and dont have to plan stops at van parks.we can just travel where we want when we want.
thanks very much for your help
cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Friday, May 28, 2010 at 22:55

Friday, May 28, 2010 at 22:55
The travelogues of our seven week brief look at Tasmania are in MyBlog under 2006. This will give you an idea of some of the places there are worth visiting. We went Feb-April.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 418610

Reply By: Member - Mfewster(SA) - Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 17:08

Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 17:08
I'll let others comment on where to go, but we may have some useful hints on the choice of campervan. We did that trip in the winter last year. Winter weather not a problem, no where near as cold as we expected. It made getting camp spots easy.How many will be in the van?
AnswerID: 418668

Reply By: Member - Royce- Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 21:06

Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 21:06
My second tour of Tassie we hired a big motorhome. The plan was to stop anywhere. We managed a few roadside stops, but Tassie has very narrow verges in most places and we ended up stopping at van parks for a lot of the time.

I'm up to Tastour 30 in September! That's 30 tours in 17 years.

There are lots of spots now that allow you to stay one or two nights and have dumping spots for the toilet. Great!

Grab a map of Tassie. It will show almost all the waterfalls and intersting tourist spots to stop. You will easily fill a couple of weeks.

Have fun.
AnswerID: 418704

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 22:13

Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 22:13
Hi Royce

Likewise we found that unlike the mainland, pulling off anywhere was not an option because of the terrain. We found Camps Australia Wide essential to find the many wonderful free camping grounds provided.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 688846

Reply By: Member - Jo Q (NSW) - Monday, May 31, 2010 at 11:30

Monday, May 31, 2010 at 11:30
I have done 2 trips of Tassie in a motorhome with my daughter & have booked a 3rd for this November - good old Jetstar with their "fly a Friend for free" offers! We booked our motorhome through Hertz Auto Rental and they were fantastic!

Personally I loved the East Coast; Coles Bay, Freycinet National Park, Bay of Fires - some spectacular scenery! Ross was a quaint little town and there is a place in Richmond called "Zoo Doo". A zoo like no other - it is fantastic for the kids and they get to hand feed all sorts of animals!

I am aiming to get to Gordon River this year and probably back to Cradle Mountain.

Enjoy your trip!

AnswerID: 418902

Sponsored Links