Skytrek to reopen

Skytrek will be open on Saturday 12th June 2010 after a resolution has been agreed on by Yellowfoot and the operator.
Just to put a few things straight regarding the Yelowfooted Rock Wallaby Preservation Association and the closure of Skytrek. Yellowfoot is a not for profit association that is a fully constituted organisation that is fully independent and not linked in any way to the Sporting Shooters Association. Yes there are a lot of members that are members of both organisations but that’s where it ends; there is also a lot of members of Yellowfoot that have no connection to the Sporting Shooters Association. Yellowfoot has spent and is continuing to spend large amounts of it finances on re fencing, revegetation of the land and environmental projects.
Many statements have been made by the uninformed about the closure of Skytrek; I thank the people who gave Yellowfoot the benefit of waiting to hear the real facts.
Firstly there has only been one price rise in 9 years to the licence fee that Yellowfoot charges for access to its land and that price rise was negotiated. The maintenance of the track is the responsibility under the contract of the operator but Yellowfoot have spent several thousands of dollars on track maintenance when they really do not have to.
Yellowfoot has been trying to negotiate a resolution with the operator since late last year and finally in April of this year had no choice but close the track, all I will say on this is that if you do not pay your power bill the power company will cut off your power and that process would take 30 days not in excess of six months.
Yellowfoot is dedicated to preserving The Bunkers for future generations and the track is important in allowing people to see this magnificent part of the Flinders Ranges but it is also a balancing act between access and preserving the land.
Please tread lightly enjoy the land but leave it better than how you found it, if you want to see what Yellowfoot is about visit http://www.yellowfoot.org/
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: jdwynn (Adelaide) - Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 17:59

Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 17:59
thanks 4X4Treker, great to hear

AnswerID: 420337

Reply By: firesafe - Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 19:51

Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 19:51
Great to hear as I will be up there next week :-)
AnswerID: 420364

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 20:13

Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 20:13
4x4Treker,

It is quite easy to see where your allegiances lie.
I doubt you have identified or proven any "real facts" at all.

Nevertheless, it is good to hear that agreement has been reached between the two (or three) parties for the good of no one else but 4WD'ers who wish to experience this unique trek.

Bill.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 420366

Follow Up By: Member - Scoey4 (SA) - Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 20:30

Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 20:30
Who cares who is right or wrong and the "politics" involved - common sense has prevailed - well done to all those involved in resolving this issue - now all can enjoy the area.

SCOEY
FollowupID: 690523

Follow Up By: get outmore - Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 02:26

Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 02:26
spoken like a true apatheitisist

just remember
evil prevails whan good men do nothing

dont forget Britain was garanteed soverighnty if they stood back and watched euorpope burn
FollowupID: 690554

Reply By: Dogcatcher - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2010 at 17:41

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2010 at 17:41
4X4Treker
Thanks for the update.
Glad all has been resolved.
Safe Travels
AnswerID: 420923

Sponsored Links