Buying a new camper trailer

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 12, 2010 at 19:25
ThreadID: 79279 Views:5262 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Everyone, We are looking at buying a camper trailer and have been looking around. We have 5 kids and so this seems to be the cheapest and best option for us. We have recently looked at an eztrail camper. They sell them on ebay as well. Just wandering has anyone bought one of these and if so how is it going? also does anyone have any other thoughts?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Adey - Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 06:01

Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 06:01
I would be very cautious buying a camper off eBay unless it is a quality second hand unit. I would spend a little extra and get a Tambo www.tambocampers.com.au that range upwards of $6k I think.
AnswerID: 420591

Reply By: Member - John G- Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 09:53

Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 09:53
G'day New2camping

A lot depends upon your budget, the age of the children, what sort of camping you want to do, and how long you've got to make your decision. If you have time on your side, the best option is to go to a caravan and camping show. These are well supported by the camper trailer manufactures and provide an ideal basis for comparison - you'll go crazy with the choice!

Another option is to have a look at the Campertrailer Australia magazine, and www.campertrailers.org where there a pics of folks' rigs, some with descriptions. Also if you are out and about, take a wander through caravan parks and look at what is around and being used.

Good luck - it's a good problem to have.

Cheers
John
AnswerID: 420605

Reply By: beatles 1 - Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 19:58

Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 19:58
hi, we are shordell campers, new camper on the block. check this site out and see what you think of it.
www.shordellcampers.com
The one on the site is an on-road version, we also do an off-road and we are strictly custom build. We have got a couple out there already
Please let us know what you think of the camper trailer at this email shordell@westnet.com.au
Thank you, Shordell Campers
AnswerID: 420675

Reply By: blackienblondie - Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 21:55

Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 21:55
HI there, We are Tropical Campers, Stockists of Austrack Campers! Have alook at our supplies website.... www.austrack.com.au. If you are interested, send us an email. We can do yoiu a great price as we are just starting out and would love all the word of mouth we can get out there, after all, that is the best type of advertising....Check out the website, if your interested, email me at troy@tropicalcampers.com

PS: when looking for a camper, look at the price, bu also what you get for your money... Quality counts, and this is definately something you need to think about, because most of the destinations we aussies take our campers on, they need to be strong.... eg-cape york, simpson desert.... Hope that helps you... GOOD LUCK.
AnswerID: 420692

Reply By: Member - Wayne B (NSW) - Monday, Jun 14, 2010 at 00:27

Monday, Jun 14, 2010 at 00:27
With 5 Kids you will need a camper with an extra large family area or one with an additional room added on. The stock camper will not have enough room for you all.

Prices start from around $7000 for a no frills version up to around $14000 for a well optioned up Camper. You can pay a lot more for the top of the range with all the bells and whistles.

The Cameron Camper has a large family area as I am sure do many of the others.
Just be careful if buying sight unseen (e-bay) the trailer you are looking at has the large fold out area.

Image Could Not Be Found

Note the length of the Fold out Tent from the side of the Trailer. There is a king size bed on top of the trailer but the main thing is the additional floor space

Cheers
Wayne B
AnswerID: 420709

Sponsored Links