bore baths on the way to innamincka

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:03
ThreadID: 79432 Views:3851 Replies:2 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi everyone ,
I am organising a trip for two ther couples and ourselves and one of the ladies likes to soak in Bore baths does anyone know of any out that way we are going camping travelling from Maclean on north coast of nsw to innamincka, down the strezlecki to merty merty then to cameron's corner, tiboburra maybe menindee lakes then home.
Thanks to anyone who replies
Barb
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:07

Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:07
Barb,

There are some at Moree, Lightning Ridge, Mud Baths in Eulo

There is also a few more around but that will depend on your route there.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 421221

Follow Up By: Member - barbara M (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:13

Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:13
Thanks, Sir Kev & Darkie,
We have intentions ofgoing through St George and out through Cunumulla to Innamincka. How are all the roads out that way have you been talking to your dad?
Can you recommend some good camping out that way?
Ta Heaps
Barb
FollowupID: 691520

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:21

Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:21
Roads are all good through to Thargamindah.

What areas are you looking to camp near??

Near Noccundra Hotel is a good one
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 691521

Follow Up By: Member - barbara M (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:26

Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:26
Looking to camp around St George the first night, maybe Nindigully or past there if we can. Then I am open to suggestions. Do not want to push it as the other 2 couples have not been out that way Love a campfire a wine or 2 and a port
babr
FollowupID: 691522

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:48

Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:48
Nindigully has a great free camp on the Moonie River with showers and toilets available at the Pub.

Bollon has another free camp in William Street, that has showers, toilets and BBQ's. Breakfast at the Bollon Cafe is well worth the expense ;)

50km west of Cunnamulla is the Paddabilla Bore that has no facilities but has a Bore ;)

At Noccundra you can free camp on the Wilson River and use the facilities at the hall or go to the pub :)

From there it is a lazy days drive to Innamincka.

Hope That helps, if you want a few other camping spots in that region let me know.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 691529

Follow Up By: Member - barbara M (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:52

Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 18:52
Thank you so much Sir Kev I really appreciate the help
barb
FollowupID: 691532

Reply By: Matt(WA) - Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 21:04

Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 21:04
Barb,

Nardoo Station Nardoo has artesien bore spas. If you can call half a plastic water tank a spa? Bloody awesome though. We were there a few weeks ago. Good camp kitchen too. bout 38kms north of Cunamulla.

Matt

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 421245

Follow Up By: Stinz - Friday, Jun 18, 2010 at 08:50

Friday, Jun 18, 2010 at 08:50
Can absolutely recommend Nardoo. The bore spas are fantastic... sitting in 40 degree water under the stars whilst the air temperature is in single figures. Also a previous post mentioned the mud baths at Eulo... well worth a visit (to the pub and general store as well). You can camp / park the van in behind the pub on a little grassy area with power.
FollowupID: 691587

Sponsored Links