Sandy Blight Junction Track and down to Blackstone.

Hi
Has anyone travelled these tracks recently?
Is there a better way to travel them eg; North or South.
We have an OZ tent and a small lite, very basic camper trailer.
We'd like to take the little trailer but wonder if it could do it, it's wider than the vehicle(may get torn to pieces) by side of track scrub?
We see that there is a couple of Sand hills up on the S.B.J. so wonder if the little trailer might be out of the question on these . Thanks in advance to those who answer.I could be off-line for a few days.
Take care, safe travels. Bye for now Ma.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TrevorDavid- Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 15:57

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 15:57
Ma, travelled SBJT late April this year from South to North. You could travel North to South with out problems if you wish. Sand hills would pose no problems either. Do not recommend taking a trailer of any description if it has no shock absorbers as it is quite corrugated at the Northern end.

regards

TDB
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 421855

Follow Up By: Members Pa & Ma. - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 16:46

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 16:46
Hi TDB,
Thanks for that,did you enjoy your journey?
Is there anything else to beware of?
Kind Regards, Ma.
FollowupID: 692246

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid- Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 18:21

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 18:21
Sure did Ma, it was a great drive ,quite remote . I could MM you with co-ords of our camps & of the three bores if you like. Also have a look in the Treks section on this site there is some great info in there.

Regards

TDB
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 692256

Follow Up By: Members Pa & Ma. - Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:12

Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:12
Thanks for your reply. Your co-ords would be great but I fear that you may travel faster than us. therefore camping spots may differ we're quite slow.
I have to get out and walk every hour as I get blood clolts in my legs but the information would be very handy still. Thanks heaps.
Take care, safe travels.
Kind Regards Ma.
FollowupID: 692321

Reply By: Member - Megan and Kevin D (AC - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 22:18

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 22:18
Hello
We travelled the SBJ last year. It is a wonderful trip and an off-road trailer would be fine so long as you take care. There is nothing tricky but it is narrow, stoney and corrugated in places. I am not sure that a "small lite" trailer as you describe yours would be suitable.

I don't think you can go to Blackstone without permission. If you get permission, it's fine to take a trailer because the roads are reasonably well maintained as they are service roads for the communities there. We travelled there in 2006.

Enjoy yourselves.

Megan
AnswerID: 421906

Follow Up By: Member - Bucky - Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 04:23

Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 04:23
Megan
Whilst visiting the S.G. Corner, last year, we could not get permission, at Wingellina, to go back out to Warburton, via Blackstone.

Maybe next time
Cheers
Bucky
FollowupID: 692302

Follow Up By: Members Pa & Ma. - Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:31

Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:31
Thanks for your reply.
The trailer has been reinforced & been to hell & back on the Cordillo Downs road several yrs ago but it's the width which worries us so thanks for mentioning that it's narrow.
We're in the process of applying for permits now, hence the Question.
Take care,safe travels.
Kind Regards. Ma.
FollowupID: 692323

Follow Up By: Members Pa & Ma. - Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:41

Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:41
Thanks Bucky.
We don't plan to go back that way.
We plan to go on down to the Mulga Park road and out that way. This will be close enough to the Surveyor Generals corner for us.
We've taken down the Trek notes from EO.
Is the trip to Blackstone the spectacular range country which we're expecting?
Take care ,safe travels.
Kind Regards Ma.
FollowupID: 692326

Sponsored Links