Kingfisher Camp (Bowthorn Station)

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 10:50
ThreadID: 79671 Views:3315 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
News from the guys at Kingfisher Camp, it is now open, no supplies yet so will have to take everything you need but it is finally open, for fuel and supplies please check surrounding locations BEFORE leaving as some are CASH ONLY and some are still limited hours ........
From ....... Lawn Hill Gorge
From the gorge, travel 10km to Adel's Grove. Drive a further 14.6km towards Gregory Downs and you'll come to a junction. Turn left at the 'Discover Bowthorn & Kingfisher' sign and 1km later you'll pass the Lawn Hill Station cattleyards. Just keep following the 'KFC' signs for 92km, until you pass Bowthorn Station Homestead and then it's a further 33km to Kingfisher Camp.

From Savannah Way....
42Kls in, road has been cleared by a dozer but not graded, can get in a 4wd with off road van
Kingfisher Camp 17° 52.09' S 138° 17.10' E

Enjoy your trip
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 10:53

Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 10:53
Thanks Joe and Mel,

Going by the number of threads lately there is a few people wanting to visit the area.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 422256

Follow Up By: Joe n Mel - Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 16:43

Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 16:43
Yes you are right there, thanks to you guys i would not have had a clue, we are starting to get some feed back from the travellers and surrounding services and will post as much info as we can >>> we lost count of those going past today so is getting VERY busy on this road.....
Hey i did a search on "Yarralin" and found you had mentioned Yarralin, Lingarra and Doomadgee ......... have you worked up that way, we have worked at Yarralin for a while, nice place
FollowupID: 692641

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 17:07

Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 17:07
When I was in the Army we built community housing there. For Doomadgee (2006) I was mainly based in Mt Isa purchasing stores so only had quick visits there.

The Yarralin/Lingarra communities (2001) were great ones to work with, I spent most of my time at Lingarra (I built the new water tower with one local as an assistant), loved working there. I want to go back soon to see how they are going.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 692645

Follow Up By: Joe n Mel - Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 20:23

Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 20:23
Lingarra ....... if you dream of the PERFECT spot to retire in that would be it, awsome river with big pools of water full of big barra, nice shady trees, high and dry in the big wets, fresh water out of the ground, hills and plains ....... just perfect...
So would it have been Riley n the Campbell clan, we managed the store at Yarralin and helped set up Pigeon Hole store ....
FollowupID: 692674

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Jun 28, 2010 at 07:05

Monday, Jun 28, 2010 at 07:05
Yeah we spent the first couple of weeks fishing waiting for the building materials to turn up LOL

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 692704

Reply By: Member - Tezza Qld - Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 18:02

Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 18:02
Thanks Joe n Mel

Heading up that way in July. Great to get some up to date news.

Happy travels , take care

Cheers Teza
AnswerID: 422282

Sponsored Links