Ross H Tracking

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 16:01
ThreadID: 79680 Views:2597 Replies:4 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
I note the low flying Ross H has made it to Drysdale river, I wonder how often the camper actually touched the road on the way there LOL

He has covered a few miles when you look at his EO TrackMe map. I wonder if he will make it home in one piece hehehe

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 17:57

Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 17:57
OK, so at the risk of ridicule Young Kev, how do you use the "EO Trackme Map"? I will give ground at times and admit that I'm pretty thick between the ears when it comes to navigating around sites such as this & computers in general. On other matters I stand defiant.
So it would be appreciated if you or someone could tell me how to use this function you refer to.
Any moment now & SWMBI will tell me to finish my weekend alcohol replenishment programme & get my backside to the dinner table, so it is unlikely that I can respond to any answers tonight.
So...... thanks in advance for hopefully putting me on the right tracks and cheers for now.
AnswerID: 422281

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 18:24

Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 18:24
Barry ya OLD fart hehehe

Here is Ross H EO TrackMe page

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 692654

Reply By: Member - Myles F (QLD) - Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 19:41

Sunday, Jun 27, 2010 at 19:41
G'day Kev,
I thought he was bogged on the peninsula and I was contemplating having to go and rescue him. He’s probably making up for lost time now.
Myles.
AnswerID: 422297

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Jun 28, 2010 at 07:06

Monday, Jun 28, 2010 at 07:06
Myles,

He would have needed a Toyota to rescue him as well hehehehehe

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 692705

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 13:34

Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 13:34
You pair have got to be joking, a Toymota needed for a recovery of a Nissan hahahahaha. Seems the last week and a half has really steadied his ship. He has done bugger all in k's compared to my last week away, in his defence I reckon I would be "stopping to smell the roses" if I were in his location as well.

I have been told his big circuit up north of Derby, back across to Cape Leveque and return to Derby was in fact him being cheeky and taking his spot track device on board a scenic flight to horizontal falls and back. He was trying to throw us a curve ball.....and it worked on me hehehe.

Cheers to you both,
Trevor.
FollowupID: 692846

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 13:40

Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 13:40
Trevor,

i wonder who is going to rescue "The Landy" as he is making his way north as well. I noticed he was between Hungerford and Eulo this morning in the National Park.

Yet another to keep an eye on to see if he needs a MIGHTY LANDCRUISER to go and rescue him LOL

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 692848

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 14:05

Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 14:05
Geez following a Landy on this system would be like watching paint dry or grass growing.....slower than a wet week hehehehe. I am surprised it didn't get bogged going across the Harbour Bridge in Sydney so it definately won't surprise me to see you get a call to arms to go RESQ him.

;-))))))

Trevor.

Actually the one bloke I regularly put crap on is roofscooter (up with Ross H in the kimberleys now) is the one bloke that can make me eat my words in this reply. I have a stack of photos of Bob and his different "boggings" or mishaps but the one photo he has of my Nissan needing a hand, is one of a Landy on the front of the snatch strap hehehehehehe.
FollowupID: 692850

Follow Up By: Dust-Devil - Wednesday, Jun 30, 2010 at 23:32

Wednesday, Jun 30, 2010 at 23:32
About time you dudes got off the 'Fat basta*ds' case isn't it. It's not his fault that he owns/drives a 'missin nissan' as apparently the 'voices' made him buy it.

When I saw that 'Derby Circuit' I was absolutely staggered as tohow he managed such a straight course either on or under water etc etc, and just put it down to the 'mother of all snorkels' that he is alleged to have fitted prior to departing the civilised world. Now you have gone and spoilt it (ROFLMAO x 1000)

If he is travelling at the speed you guys reckon he is, then without a shadow of a doubt there will be a Poof of Smoke on the horizon which will mark the end of another pi**an nissan and good riddance I say.

Might induce him to buy one of those new 'Mardi gras' Patrols with either a 5.8l petrol or 3.0l Renault Deisel that are due in Aust in 2011. Just as well he works for a Petro Pollution Company.

As for the 'bogging' thing. well, I suppose a few (about 60 I reckon) self recovery's from mud up to his nuts would 'harden him up' a tad (LOL)

Have to go now

DD
FollowupID: 693029

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Thursday, Jul 01, 2010 at 07:16

Thursday, Jul 01, 2010 at 07:16
DD,

I enjoy your one eyed Toyota comments greatly, we need more of it on this forum to spice things up. We used to have a member called Lucy that was a straight shooting one eyed Toyota nut but now that he has gone all these new age "Fancy Nancy" Toyota owners seem to just pussy foot around with their words. I hope you enjoy the banter enough to stick around.

Your signature "DD", is this indicating the size of kahunas or the size of your chest nuts?

Regards from a very Nissan sided camper,
Trevor.
FollowupID: 693034

Follow Up By: Member - Myles F (QLD) - Thursday, Jul 01, 2010 at 07:29

Thursday, Jul 01, 2010 at 07:29
Trevor,
I’m glad you told us – ‘from a very Nissan sided camper’ – given your sensible contributions to the forum we never would have guessed it.
Heheheh
Myles.
FollowupID: 693036

Follow Up By: Dust-Devil - Saturday, Jul 03, 2010 at 16:25

Saturday, Jul 03, 2010 at 16:25
Trevor R

I ran into that Lucy chappy (metaphorically speaking) some time ago, and amongst other things it would seem that the constant FORUM questions like 'what tyres should I put on my vehicle, I didn't get 200,000kms out of my tyres like they said I would so they are chit tyres and I won't buy them again, what battery/s should I use, whats the best oil for my vehicle' etc etc etc.finally got to him, as these were all questions that the NUM NUTZ that ask them can only answer themselves by doing the hard yards and researching whats available and what suits their specificific setups and needs which nobody but them knows.

So he drifted over to LCOOL where specific questions are asked re specific problems such as can you fit a second battery in a 100 series and if so where and whats the max size you can fit, or I am regularly ripping of lugs on my MTR's - anyone else have this problem, anyone tried Coolant Brand xxxx and if so how did you find it.

So its 'horses for courses' I suppose, however he did strike me as being like bag of crayfish that have been left under the seat of car in the sun - he will be around, and with you for ever more type of thing.

Anyway enough of him and more's the question - when is the 'fat bas*tard' due home. He had better hurry as BP is sinking by the second under a sea of leaking oil, and apparently will have to sell off its Australian assets to the Chinese at bargain basement prices. Apprently Kevin Rudd is running 'Mandarin for Beginners' somewhere in Brisbane at the moment in the anticipation of BP becoming Cheap *Pee*.

DD

FollowupID: 693307

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Saturday, Jul 03, 2010 at 18:49

Saturday, Jul 03, 2010 at 18:49
DD,

Rossco is not due home until August. My thinking re BP is along the lines of "Rossco jumped ship and took a holiday while the chit is hitting the fan". He is a bit like a rainbow and will turn up after the storm (or all the work in his case) looking like it was no bother to him at all.

I hope to swap opinions on who has the right rig with the right tyres and fridge in another thread here soon ;-))))

Regards,
Trevor.

PS does Mrs DD still have that Toyota recovery vehicle in the shed for all the mishaps you and the Droopy get yourselves into?
FollowupID: 693329

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2010 at 20:12

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2010 at 20:12
He has made it to Adelaide River :))

At least help is near when that missan breaks as Doug T should be able to assist hehehehe

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 423278

Reply By: Ross H (QLD) - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2010 at 20:59

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2010 at 20:59
Stopped overnight tonight in Adelaide River off to Darwin tomorrow to drop the old man at the Airport. Looks like we left the Kimberley just in time - left the rain and the school holiday makers behind.

We will log a full blog re trip when we get home in a few weeks.

regards Rossco

ps: good to see DDD on the site - that is demented dust devil
AnswerID: 423282

Sponsored Links