Well,,,,don't go to Port Alma in Qld.

Submitted: Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 08:59
ThreadID: 80461 Views:8007 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
My wife and I have one more week in Rocky and then head home to Scone. So,,,, we thought we would have a look at a few out of the way places on our way down to have a look at Gladstone.

We were expecting maybe a small , sleepy little town with a pub and few fishing boats tied to a jetty.

We were not expecting a very small high security port with a nasty little man yelling at me for taking photos. Even though there were no signs around.

Mind you the photos were of a very old clinker and what looked like an old railway bridge.

I have since found out that they ship out explosives,, although I don't think thats an excuse to be rude.

Anyway I may now be on an ASIO watch list.

Summarising,, don't go there. No pub, no coffee shop, no caravan pk, no motel,
no pub,,,oh already said that didn't I.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: George_M - Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 09:54

Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 09:54
That's ok, BooBoo.

That guy is hired to chase the tourists away from the great fishing and crabbing spots!

George_M
Come any closer and I'll rip your throat out!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 425951

Reply By: Fred G NSW - Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 10:43

Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 10:43
Boo Boo, it's wet, cold and windy here in the Hunter right now :-( better off in the sunshine mate.

That bloke probably saw the NSW plates .... ya know what them Qlders are like LOL

Fred

AnswerID: 425958

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 17:57

Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 17:57
Fred

The weather up here is terrible as well.

I have only been in long pants once in 5 wks and we only need a sheet most nights. LOL

Temperature ranges from around 13-15 to 23-27 ,, bit rough but someone has got to put up with it!

Not looking forward to Scone weather next week but thats life.

FollowupID: 696551

Reply By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 11:12

Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 11:12
Better close the thread now, don't want to be associated with suspected terrorists :)

It's a shame that this situation has happened, but we seem to be in a different world then 10 years ago. Port Authorities have taken a hard stance against allowing all such activities in the last couple of years....just a couple of years ago we could go to most ports in Qld and fish off the walls etc now we have security and locked gates to ensure their risk management obligations are met.

Andrew
AnswerID: 425959

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 18:46

Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 18:46
BooBoo,

I think you should sue the bloke for yelling at you as there were no warning signs not to take photos and he has caused you undue stress while you were on holidays, trying to relieve yourself of same.

If he was "on duty" for a Company, sue them as well. You may be up for millions in reimbursement even after paying your lawyer their outrageous fees.

Also, demand that ASIO disclose to you any interest they may now have with you, your family and any pets you may own and which they may choose to apply undue leverage on you in the interests of National security.

Oh bugger it. Forget what I said above.
Just chill out, have a beer and never venture to those unsavoury destinations again.

Bill.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 425994

Follow Up By: Joe Grace Doomadgee - Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 19:58

Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 19:58
oh no, i will have to sue for the un-due stress caused by reading all the above .....
FollowupID: 696559

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 17:14

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 17:14
Bill,,,,

Do you think I could sue for $37 million lik that lady at David Jones?

Ah wishful thinking,,,think I'll go and have a beer.

FollowupID: 696651

Reply By: Member - Scott M (NSW) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 18:28

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 18:28
Had a look on Google Earth - honestly from what I saw not sure why you'd want to go there anyway...

Just a dock, some storage sheds and some silos.... doesn't look very appetizing..
AnswerID: 426095

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 21:59

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 21:59
Mate it wasa boring port, but interesting to see the large salt pans and salt processing plants along the way.

FollowupID: 696693

Sponsored Links