Roof racks

I am thinking about buying a roof rack for my Patrol. I have a sunroof and have had conflicting sales opinions on noise levels. Does anyone have a full roof rack over a sunroof and what is the noise level like?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tricky Dicky (NSW) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 19:19

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 19:19
i have a patrol without a sunroof and the other day i used a roof rack to pick up some timber, before i got to the store the noise from the rack was driving me mad. They are now stored in garage i could not leave them on full time

Dick
AnswerID: 426104

Follow Up By: Member - Barry H (WA) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 19:51

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 19:51
I agree, I have a Pathfinder with a roof rack and the noise is deafening, leave it in the shed.
FollowupID: 696678

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 21:05

Tuesday, Aug 03, 2010 at 21:05
Well, I have a Colorado with a roof rack and don't notice any difference at all.
This rack was previously on my Jackaroo and was also "silent".

Maybe it depends on the "full roof rack" terminology.
My rack consists of a pair of Rhino Rack cross bars and a steel mesh cage roof rack made by Roof Rack World. Bolts to the cross bars and has a wind deflector on the front leading edge.

I haven't noticed any change to fuel consumption either, but by choice I usually remove the cage between trips.

Bill.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 426109

Reply By: pepper2 - Wednesday, Aug 04, 2010 at 20:43

Wednesday, Aug 04, 2010 at 20:43
i have patrol with full length aluminium rr absolutely no noise if you have wind deflector oin front of roof rack ie from roof of patrol to top bar of r/rack
AnswerID: 426205

Sponsored Links