Navigation issues and loose nuts

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 08, 2010 at 23:22
ThreadID: 80611 Views:3698 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Just got home tonight from the EO Wiluna gathering
guess something went wrong with the navigation- was under 4000 km to Wiluna via Anne Beadell yet when we get home trip meter shows a total of 16,500 plus.
might have been the detour invoving the CSR, broome, Giibb River road, Mitchell plateau , bungle bungles,litchfield, darwin, kakadu, alice,west macs and the rock before finding our way back to coober pedy where we had started 7 weeks earlier.home via the hill and water filled menindee lakes. had a wonderfull trip

and the loose nuts
there the ones which came off the LH rear wheel so it could leave the vehicle while we were hopping along the corros on Kulaburu Road. the 2 trees we hit didnt improve the body work much but luckily 80 series are tough and thankfully we had spare wheel studs and eneough tech screws to hold the door shut.
bonus was that I managed to pick up a white door with electrics at a wrecker in broken hill yesterday on way home.(Came that way so I know how to get to next years gathering)

cheers
Howard
Resigned to Retirement

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robin Miller - Monday, Aug 09, 2010 at 08:43

Monday, Aug 09, 2010 at 08:43
Hi Howard

That doesn't sound to good, looks like the 80 will need some tender love and care , but its just metal after all and sounds like you both are ok but probably a little shaken.

16,500km is a long long way on the bitumen let alone what you did, but you still know where you car is and its running.
I think Jeff still doesn't know where his 200 series is.

On the Canning , I thought you had a loose wheel nut but on the other side ?

Our chardonnay shortage has been solved and parked on 1/2 meter of snow saturday, sunshine and glasses in hand - the wounds are forgotten and planning for the next trip has begun.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 426716

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff O (VIC) - Monday, Aug 09, 2010 at 17:02

Monday, Aug 09, 2010 at 17:02
Looks like Howard had an interesting trip
My 200 Series is between Adelaide ,Mildura,and Sunshine in Vic.
It should arrive Wednesday or Thursday.Will let you know the diagnosis after I get it to Melton Toyota,probably early next week.
regards
Jeff.o

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 697364

Follow Up By: Member - Howard (ACT) - Wednesday, Aug 11, 2010 at 21:19

Wednesday, Aug 11, 2010 at 21:19
Hi jeff,
what was the story with your vehicle. i didnt have web access for the trip and have been out of the loop.
regards
howard
Resigned to Retirement

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 697570

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff O (VIC) - Thursday, Aug 12, 2010 at 08:10

Thursday, Aug 12, 2010 at 08:10
Howard
G'day
200 series arrived at Melton Toyota yesterday.(3 weeks after I got home)

I am meeting the service manager this morning. Will keep you posted.
Jeff.O

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 697592

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Monday, Aug 09, 2010 at 09:57

Monday, Aug 09, 2010 at 09:57
That was quiet a trip Howard...
all we need now is the blog and pics... lol...
regards
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 426719

Follow Up By: Member - steve. B... (NSW) - Monday, Aug 09, 2010 at 16:25

Monday, Aug 09, 2010 at 16:25
Hi Howard. Woundered where you went after we parted at Wiluna. Good to hear you had a good trip and arrived home safely. Heard about the rain you had on the CSR. I am clad that I did not take the Tvan that way. The next time I go that way I will have a Roof Top Tent and be more flexable. Cheers for now. Steve.B...

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 697356

Sponsored Links