Coburg Peninsular

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 12, 2011 at 16:35
ThreadID: 84298 Views:1812 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are planning to do the Coburg Peninsular in ?July 2011....anyone have advice re permits and routes through Arnhem Land?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Noel K (NT) - Saturday, Feb 12, 2011 at 18:14

Saturday, Feb 12, 2011 at 18:14
Hi Noels, nice name that,
Pretty sure you will get permits and info from NT Parks and Wildlife, you can only drive on the designated road on the permit. You can take and drink alcohol at Coburg but you must not drink or have any open alcohol containers outside the park in Arnhem Land.
They only allow a max of ten vehicles there at any one time, costs about $240 per vehicle. Can get pretty windy in July, we used to go up for the school hols in September the South Easterlies usually have stopped by then.
The road is gravel from the East Alligator River crossing (Cahills Crossing) not too bad and takes about 8 hours from Darwin. You need to be self sufficient.
Good fishing,interesting place with some good history at the old Victoria Settlement.
Hope this helps.

Noel K.
AnswerID: 445192

Reply By: Member - Wim (Qld) - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2011 at 14:42

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2011 at 14:42
Hi Noels.

NT parks is the place for the permit.
My wife and I will be there mid June for a week.
Check out Venture North. They do tours and have a camp there. We are looking at using them for a tour to Victoria settlement and maybe some fishing.

regards and enjoy the trip.
Camper setup
July 2012 - Hay River & Binns track
VKS 737 Mobile 0091
Selcall 0091

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 445653

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (11)