desert edge campers

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 12, 2011 at 20:25
ThreadID: 84304 Views:5818 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
good evening all

we are currently considering selling our caravan and purchasing a camper trailer because we feel that we are some what restricted in where we would like to go and can go with an on road van.
we have a local dealer that sells desert edge campers built in Queensland by telwater industries, but i do not know to much about this brand.they have a great reputation in the boating industry ,building aluminium boats like Quintrex, stacer and savage boats . is there any one on exploroz whom has had first hand experience with desert edge campers or heard any good or bad reports and are they a capable unit or not. the suspension is an AL-KO independent rubber suspension, is this suspension capable and would it handle trip to the likes of the Simpson Desert or Cape Yorke etc.

thanks all, kindest regards andy.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ann D (WA) - Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 09:53

Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 09:53
Hi Andy,

Have a look at campertrailers.org,or my swag,for info as well as here.Sorry I can't help as I have an ancient cub,which has done me well,and still going strong.

Good luck in your search.

Cheers
Ann
AnswerID: 445257

Follow Up By: Pauld - Tuesday, Feb 22, 2011 at 22:36

Tuesday, Feb 22, 2011 at 22:36
Hi Andy,

We have a Desert Edge Oasis Deluxe. Reallly happy with our purchase, suits us well, great value for money. I can't help on advice about remote trips as we haven't done anything that rugged, hopefully we will in years to come. The build quality is excellent, although as with all camper trailers I am sure I have had a coupple of issues. If you go to myswag.org and search Desert Edge you will see a couple of posts by me on it, including pictures & mods. One thing going for the Desert Edge is the desert / sand is the weight. Being aluminium body it is significantly lighter than equivalents in steel. This also makes towing on the highway a breeze.

Good luck with your selection & purchase.

Paul.
FollowupID: 718684

Reply By: Shaker - Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 10:54

Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 at 10:54
Al-Ko suspension is well proven but, in the vent of a failure it can't be easily repaired & if remote, you will face quite a long wait for a replacement suspension.
AnswerID: 445269

Sponsored Links