4WD Club in Sydney

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 00:04
ThreadID: 8462 Views:2471 Replies:5 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone help with details of a good club in Sydney - Have Prado, Camper Trailer and kids..
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 00:25

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 00:25
NIssan Patrol club takes all cars and families..

http://www.nissanpatrolclub.org/

The Toyota Landcruiser club has too many members to ever get on trips from what I remember. Ex's dad was trip leader with them few years back with his GQ, used to pi$$ em off!
AnswerID: 36958

Follow Up By: Dave - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 00:30

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 00:30
Thoroughly agree - Patrol club is great and cater for any vehicle (President drives a Jimny). Very family oriented and have great trips.

Have fun.
FollowupID: 26718

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 00:42

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 00:42
Thats his missus Jimny, which means he STILL doesnt have his GQ going!!! slack prick Ian!!! Thats 2+ yrs
FollowupID: 26720

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 11:33

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 11:33
Nissan club also has land down south now for free use by members.

Goto a meeting of both.. Gettin a parking spot from each club will tell you how easy it is to get on a run with them...

One has over 2000 members (or did at the time I looked), other has 1/4 that!
FollowupID: 26748

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 17:44

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 17:44
HI Truckster:
I agree with you that getting onto trips with the TLCC was difficult, mainly because the Club magazine only comes out once every two months. What they have since done ( early last year if my fading memory is correct) is to set up a Yahoo Website where members are able to post their trips, and interested parties can express their interest simply by replying to the post on the site.
This has helped considerably, and now they have more trips, and more people going on them.
I think most 4WD Clubs do similar things, and they all do a terrific job.
My hat off to the guys on the various Committee memberss of all the clubs who put so much in for the benefit of all.
Jack
PS: I don't see meetings where a lot of members turn up to be a negative .. just shows how popular the club is. I get there early and always get a spot. : )No trees were harmed in the making or sending of this message.
However a great number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
FollowupID: 26770

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 18:24

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 18:24
Jack.

Our club is doing the website thing too... Its a brilliant idea!!!

But that is one thing that most clubs suffer from the same thing, but lots of trips are filled with "MATES"...

We brought in a new rule, that 2 spots out of 8 on EVERY trip have to be left open to new members. Its only fair to them...
FollowupID: 26777

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 20:23

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 20:23
Truckster:

I *like* the 2 out or 8 rule. Might bring it up at our next meeting. Most of the time trips have a lot of familiar faces .. which I guess is because some people are more available for trips than others.

People with families might find it difficult, whereas, me being retired can do weekend, mid-week and longer trips as I please.
I guess that makes me a "familiar face" in some ways.

I am planning on doing a "Trip Leaders" course with the club next year and will runs some trips myself. I will certainly consider "2/8" for mine.

Take care
JackNo trees were harmed in the making or sending of this message.
FollowupID: 26791

Reply By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 06:52

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 06:52
The Toyota Landcruiser Car Club is similarly a family oriented club. They DO run regular trips, and it is possible to get onto those. They now have a Yahoo website which is updated daily with info on trips, trip pics etc. I have never had any difficulty getting onto the trips, and never missed out on those that I have wanted to go on.
The added advantage (I find) with the TLCC is their two tracts of club land (one near Mittagong and one near Goublurn) for free use by members.
I also attend their many courses, all of which are VETAB accredited, All these courses (with the exception of the St Johns First Aid) are free, although some have a modest charge for materials used.
You don't need a Landcruiser to join up.
Have fun.
JackNo trees were harmed in the making or sending of this message.
AnswerID: 36967

Reply By: Member - Bear - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 07:36

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 07:36
Thanks guys for the info - Appreciate your help.
AnswerID: 36973

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 12:28

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 12:28
I wish the clubs would keep the FREE club listings up to date and then you would be able to just click on Cluds in Sydney Blue Mountains and presto you would have the answer. There are a few clubs including the TLCC in the system however I do not remember seeing the Patrol club. How about someone set this up. It is free and only needs to be checked once a year to ensure the details are still correct, by pressing a button.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
AnswerID: 36995

Reply By: Savvas - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 14:50

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 14:50
Bear,

Have a look at the Four Wheel Drive NSW & ACT website (http://nsw.4wd.org.au/cms/).

They are the peak body for all registered 4wd clubs in NSW & ACT and have links, contact details, etc.

Most clubs will be happy for a guest to join in on a regular meeting and some will let you join a trip. You can see whether you like the club or find another.

It's usually easy to pick which is a family oriented club, as opposed to a hard core 4WD club.
AnswerID: 37011

Sponsored Links