External Shower Tent / Enclosure on Caravan

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 11:32
ThreadID: 85112 Views:15955 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has a photo of their external shower tent / enclosure to post to the thread. It seems the likes of Windsor, etc, make available a tent that goes up outside, positioned over the external shower, attached (somehow) to the offside of the van. I cannot for the life of me see any photos of them online.

Currently evaluating van options re: internal or external shower/toilet. External shower = more room inside the van, but means outside toilet runs for Miss 5 and Miss 3.5.

Thanks in advance
Sass.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: sassenach.girl - Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 11:33

Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 11:33
P.S. I'm well aware of the pop-up enclosures. We have one already for the porti potti. I'm more interested in the attached van-versions. Thanks.
AnswerID: 448716

Reply By: Member - Rob D (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:14

Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:14
We have a camper trailer. If we are not staying in a caravan park we erect an external shower tent and use it for both shower and toilet (not at the same time).
One of the reasons for this is that you can choose where to place the tent so that the shower water does not run into some inconvenient place.

Of a night we re-locate the Porta Potti into the camper trailer for the convenience of an en suite. A properly maintained Porta Potti should not smell.

If we are staying in a caravan park we still use the Porta Potti of a night to save the long walk to the park toilet.
If you relax at a faster pace you can get more relaxation in for a given time.
Regards Rob

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 448724

Follow Up By: sassenach.girl - Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:40

Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:40
Thanks for the reply, though I'm specifically interested in seeing a photo of the attached external shower tents that van manufacturers make available with their external showers.
FollowupID: 720966

Reply By: Member - Joe T (NT) - Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 13:05

Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 13:05
Hi Sass
I have a photo of what you are looking for, was not able to post pic on here, but, if you go to my profile it is there.
A few years ago there was a caravan for sale with it,
I will do some research to see who makes it

Joe

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 448730

Follow Up By: Member - Joe T (NT) - Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 14:45

Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 14:45
Phone number for back of van shower, try vic. 03 9988 1318

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 720981

Reply By: Member - Scrubby (VIC) - Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 19:10

Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 19:10
G`day Sass,
My van has an external shower, on each side of the van but at the back I fitted a piece of annex track vertically. I then have a six feet wide by 18 feet long tarp that has annex rope sewn into each end, these allow the tarp to be attached to the van.
Two poles go at the corners, the distance apart depending upon the width of your van.
A zipped door/opening is in the side nearest to the c/van door.
There is another piece of tarp that fits along underneath the back of the van to provide a bit more privacy or to stop some draught but we never bother using it.
I have a photo of this set up but it doesn`t show much.

fi]/Members/132437.625/Forum/7[/fi][

Regards,

Scrubby.
AnswerID: 448759

Follow Up By: Member - Scrubby (VIC) - Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 19:15

Sunday, Mar 20, 2011 at 19:15
Looks like the photo is a bit reluctant to appear.............

Trying again...........Image Could Not Be Found

Scrubby.
FollowupID: 721013

Reply By: Member - Rodney B- Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:12

Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:12
We have the extra room at the back on our new Paramount Duet (sorry but we haven't taken a photo of it erected yet) however the disadvantage is that it is part of the annex and if you dont put the full annex up you dont get the shower room. For overnight or short stops we find we don't erect the annex and use a shade awning only for privacy. So I would go for the internal loo/shower as it is erected all the time.

AnswerID: 448817

Reply By: Marlee - Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 17:41

Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 17:41
Hi guys,

My first post. Just finished building an offroad caravan after 6 years and we took it for its first run in the rain last weekend. We have an external shower on the side of the van and I found it relatively easy to make an enclosure using tent poles with fixed spreader bars round the top and cutting and sewing a purchased tent fly to fit which we will just clip onto the spreader bars. Screwed on a couple of metal roof rail brackets onto the caravan. (My husband Drew is the clever builder - I just do the sewing). We have had it erected a number of times as I was fitting it and it seems like it will work fine. Made it big enough to fit a porta pottie in it if necessary.

Judy
AnswerID: 448858

Sponsored Links