Rear Window Protection

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 23, 2011 at 19:57
ThreadID: 85818 Views:1970 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Have seen TV ads recently about a roll on type paint that builders use to coat windows on building sites for protection. Has anyone used this on their 4wd rear windows or have an opinion on how it would go?


Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: snoopyone - Saturday, Apr 23, 2011 at 20:59

Saturday, Apr 23, 2011 at 20:59
They use it to stop paint getting on them usually and to define them as windows to workers.

A 4x Carton and some duct tape works ok

Also some of the stuff realestate signs are made out of Corflute???????

AnswerID: 452144

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Saturday, Apr 23, 2011 at 21:25

Saturday, Apr 23, 2011 at 21:25
Have a look at this thread here

We have used polycarbonate and held it on with 100mph tape - worked well.


J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 452146

Follow Up By: Member - Bill B1 (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 24, 2011 at 10:14

Sunday, Apr 24, 2011 at 10:14
Polycarbonate is the go. get it at Bunnings in various thicknesses. Cut it with a jigsaw with the paper still on, cut slits that end in a 10mm hole to take the bend out (if your back window is curved) and fix it on with those black clips used on the old shade covers used quite a few years ago.
Glue the clips onto the glass with neutral silicone and they will not blow off. Undo the clips to clean the window and the poly.
Tip - Wash the poly carefully after it is wet as it does scratch.

Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 724847

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)