Bendelby Ranges

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 12:13
ThreadID: 86910 Views:1703 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

We are going to the Bendelby Ranges in late July and we will be towing a 24.5 foot semi off road van, I was wondering if any one knows what the road from Orroroo to the camp area is like this time of year. My misses is not to keen on towing the van into this area and I am trying to convince her that road is ok and there will be no issues.

Thanks for your comments.
Vern
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 13:42

Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 13:42
Hi Vern

The last time we were out that way, the road out past Johnburg was in very good condition, but can not comment on conditions into the camp area.

Best bet would be to give them a call. We have not had any big falls of rain in the Mid North for some time, so I would think it should be fine.

Cheers and have a great time.

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 457153

Reply By: P and JM - Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 15:13

Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 15:13
Hi Vern,

As Stephen has quoted the road is usually in good nick. Not a lot of recent rain in the area so you should be ok on the Johnburg road and also the Station property road with your van.

Jane & Warren have a few really nice camping locations close to the homestead.
I would give them a ring prior to heading out for weather and road conditions because they close the ranges off during wet conditions.

You will need 2-3 days to see all their tracks and its really worth the visit. They like you to have UHF CB radio on board as well for understandable reasons.

If you go, take the driving steady and enjoy. Cheers P&J

http://www.bendlebyranges.com
AnswerID: 457162

Reply By: Member - Les B (SA) - Monday, Jun 13, 2011 at 20:19

Monday, Jun 13, 2011 at 20:19
Hi Vern
We were there over the past 3 days and the roads were all good with plenty of large vans including on road vans on the property. They now have a new camp kitchen with updated showers and toilets. As others say check with them first but at the moment the roads are in great condition.

Les
AnswerID: 457325

Sponsored Links