Retreat Daydream vs Jayco Sterling

Submitted: Friday, Jul 01, 2011 at 21:01
ThreadID: 87323 Views:2468 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks to all who offered advice on our last thread re: off road van. After reading all of the comments and a lot more discussion as to exactly where we want to go, we have decided that we are happy to leave the van and tent it in the really off road spots like the Cape. We are 2 adults & 2 kiddos and plan to live in the van for at least a year as we travel the Land of Aus. So far our list of must haves are: queen bed, double bunks, separate toilet & shower. So now the question becomes which van? Retreat Daydream or Jayco Sterling? or any others that we've not heard of? Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Alan John C (WA) - Friday, Jul 01, 2011 at 22:38

Friday, Jul 01, 2011 at 22:38
We understand your question we went from a Windsor to a Retreat Daydream and are happy with it. We put some thought into it and we stumbled on whether to spend 4k on simplicity suspension we eventually went with it,this then lifts your van higher,we were concerned a little with the height to start with but we have travelled in excess of 15,000klms since we picked up our van in August 2010 and are glad we did. We believe now after seeing what the oposition offer when you start getting into 7mtr vans that the extra clearance is a totall bonus, we believe you will not be sorry if you go for a daydream.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 458995

Reply By: just goin - Saturday, Jul 02, 2011 at 19:37

Saturday, Jul 02, 2011 at 19:37
Hi Gypsy.
We are also going through the same process as you at the moment. We had a Concept Belmont for our lap and now we want to upgrade for future hols near and far.
I had a mate just pick up a retreat daydream a couple of weeks ago. They got the tripple bunks and what an awsome unit.
Have you checked out the Supreme Vans. They do a layout with the bunks running long ways and an extra big Ensuit. The lounge and table is bigger as well. A bonus with this van is the $$$ and it is smaller than the daydream. Sorry i dont have the perticulars of this and if i have confused you more.

Happy Travels
AnswerID: 459031

Reply By: ozjohn0 - Sunday, Jul 03, 2011 at 16:07

Sunday, Jul 03, 2011 at 16:07
The Retreat Daydream is light years ahead of the Jacyo and many other brands.
Cheers, Ozjohn.
AnswerID: 459077

Sponsored Links