TOURING HOLIDAY IN VIC.

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 15:41
ThreadID: 8740 Views:1923 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Gidday all
Can anybody suggest some itinerary entries for a 2-3 week touring drive of Vic a few days after christmas.
Being a Queenslander I am not too sure of what really should be on the agenda for our cruise outside the shark-net (Qld-NSW border). LOL
Any points of interest including some easy 4WD trails (maybe some Vic. high country) would be appreciated.
I reckon it's about time we saw some of the deep south. Must be something good to keep you all there. Just kidding.
Cheers
OskarThe real oskar
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 15:52

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 15:52
don't forget to pack your sombrero to visit mexico (no cheap tequila here though!)

I'll see what i can think up , with easy trails etc, bear in mind there will be fourbys everywhere in the popular areas ie Grampions. You goin to camp or motel it ??Moo... everyone knows what a Jackaroo looks like :-)
AnswerID: 38393

Follow Up By: Member - Oskar(Bris) - Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 16:54

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 16:54
Both
And looking forward to it
OskarThe real oskar
FollowupID: 27898

Reply By: Jinki - Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 16:47

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 16:47
Try and include a few days driving around the Great Ocean Road, very picturesque. Plenty to stop and see along the way. The waterfront at Geelong has some 150 bollards telling the history of Geelong, then Torquay the home of the surf clothing and board manufacturers, further on the Lighthouse at Airey's Inlet where the childrens telly series "Around the Twist" was made. Onto Lorne which is magical, then further onto Apollo Bay. Further on near Lavers Hill is a new tourist park in the rainforest - with a very high tree lookout over the rain forest underneath, which is spectacular. Then further on you have the 12 Apostles and magnificent coastline, the Loch Ard Gorge at Port Campbell and further to Warrnambool, famous for Fletcher Jones factory gardens and Maritime Village. So much more,but check out the web - www.greatoceanrd.org.au We have so much to see here down here in "Mexico", you will need more than 2 or 3 weeks. Actually, I live on the wonderful Great Ocean Road, never tire seeing the beautiful surf hitting the rocks.
Anyway have a great time whatever you do.
Jinki
AnswerID: 38400

Reply By: Member - Alex B - Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 17:18

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 17:18
Hi Oskar, I’m sure you’ll get heaps of info about the most popular “must see’s” – Wilson’s Prom, High country and as Jinki has mentioned “the great ocean road’ has to be on your must do’s.
What I wanted to mention is if you are coming via the inland route “Mungo National Park' is a place worth visiting – it’s actually in NSW about 150 k’s NE of Mildura, which is a major border town on the Murray River – a place full of history and heaps of things to see. If your out that way Mungo is definitely worth the detour.
Enjoy
Alex
AnswerID: 38404

Reply By: Member - Jack - Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 20:01

Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003 at 20:01
I travelled the Great Ocean Road last year. Came from Sydney, through Kosciosko, then on via Sale to the Gt Ocean Road. Terrific trip. The Great Ocean Road is absolutely awesome. No postcard or travel mag does justice to it.
JackNo trees were harmed in the making or sending of this message.
However a great number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
AnswerID: 38434

Follow Up By: Member - Oskar(Bris) - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 07:24

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 07:24
We are looking forward to the great ocean road
OskarThe real oskar
FollowupID: 27962

Reply By: jules15 - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 08:08

Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003 at 08:08
Victoria has something for everyone - to visit the hight country or alp region - head to Bright - absolutely beautiful - Mt Buffalo - Mt Beauty - Falls Creek - Hotham - travel the road from Bright up over Hotham down to Omeo - head to the East coast - Bairnsdale - Sale - Lakes Entrance - could do a circle route this way - on into and through the city - which is a great place in itself - the Dandenongs - Mornington Peninsula - Great Ocean Road - via the vehicular ferry to Queenscliff - head up to The Grampians - see the West of the State - head to Mildura (stay at Buronga Riverside Tourist Park - right on the Murray River (ph 50233040) - along the Murray to wherever - Swan Hill - Echuca and on it goes - you will love Victoria - has everything you will ever need - Except consistent good weather - unfortunately (had to add that - know someone else will comment otherwise)
AnswerID: 38506

Sponsored Links