Question: About Us

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 07, 2011 at 13:03
ThreadID: 88333 Views:2227 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi there,

I am planning a trip in September around Qld. Am wantig to know about some road conditions. Quilpie to Blackall (mainly Adavale to blackall) and Lawn Hill down to Barkly Hwy. I will be driving a BA falcon ute with a camper trailer, so not much ground clearance. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tez
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Sunday, Aug 07, 2011 at 19:59

Sunday, Aug 07, 2011 at 19:59
Hi Terry .....
Will assume you will go from Cloncurry to "4 ways" and turn left to Gregory Downs, you will hit some gravel from there but take it easy and you should be fine with low clearance , it is a bit of a shoddy road from Gregory Downs to the "Barkly Hwy" so that will put a bit of a damper on it, it is gravel and VERY bad at the moment so be careful on that part.... Lawn Hill is well worth the vist as you will see if you do some searchs on this site .....
Maybe a bit more detail as to where you are going would help...
Cheers
Joe
AnswerID: 462066

Follow Up By: Terry L1 - Tuesday, Aug 09, 2011 at 17:52

Tuesday, Aug 09, 2011 at 17:52
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the information that you have provided. I'm doing a road trip from Bris via Gundy to Cunnamulla, Quilpie to Longreach (probably via Windorah now), Winton, Cloncurry, Lawn Hill, Mt Isa, across to Tville and down the coast to home. Can't wait to get away.

Another question, How long would you recommend to stay at Lawn Hill? I'm thinking about 4 days. Is this enough time to have a reasonable look around? Is there any other places that you would recommend to visit along this route?

Sounds like your havin fun.
Happy travels.
Tez
FollowupID: 735948

Sponsored Links