Elachbutting Rock WA

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 11, 2011 at 18:14
ThreadID: 88960 Views:3762 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Just returned from a trip thru WA central Wheatbelt area which included a short stint of bush camping at Elachbutting Rock.

Just north of Mukinbudin approx 70kms and only included about 40 - 50kms of dirt(RED)

Has a unisex disabled friendly composting toilet, but no other facilities. If fit and healthy( we found we wernt haha) all the sights are in walking distance...we ended up covering around 8kms around and up over the rock. On the monday before we arrived there were apparently around 16 units on site so seems very popular spot, but there is plenty of room. If was more central to what we were doing, could have spent a lot more time there...Would recommend it to anyone travelling in the area
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Sep 11, 2011 at 19:51

Sunday, Sep 11, 2011 at 19:51
Hi Kev

Sounds like you had a great time. I just checked out the locations on the maps and it would have been great, and I bet the Wildflowers would have been unreal.

You will have to share some photos with us to make all us people over here in the east envoy you lucky buggers in the West.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 464738

Follow Up By: kevmac....(WA) - Sunday, Sep 11, 2011 at 20:02

Sunday, Sep 11, 2011 at 20:02
were some wildflowers but not too prolific.......... thw Everlasting were extremely sparse that we went there to see, but yes as soon as i transfer the pics from laptop to desktop i will post them.
By the way is nothing wrong with Clare......................( am expat Croweater and have worked in mid north)
FollowupID: 738721

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Sep 11, 2011 at 20:04

Sunday, Sep 11, 2011 at 20:04
Hi Kev

I did not mean it that way, as we have a few special little locations around Clare, so we are very lucky.

What I meant was when you see the images of the acres of wildflower over in the West, they must be unreal to see.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 738722

Reply By: Member - *Rusty* - Sunday, Sep 11, 2011 at 21:35

Sunday, Sep 11, 2011 at 21:35
Hi Kevmmac

We stayed at Elacbutting Rock back in June on our way home. We were the only ones there at the time, and thought it was a good spot. We stayed 2 nights (i think - they all merge into one lol). Did you find the tunnel? We climbed up over the rock from the "Camping" area thinking it was a short cut. It was much harder going over than it would of being walking around it lol.

We thought the facitilities were excellent too. Firewood was also provided cut up which was nice.

Did you call into Berribooding Rock before going to Elachbutting? It has a huge water tank fed off the rock face.

Image Could Not Be Found
Elachbutting Rock
Image Could Not Be Found
Beribooding Rock
AnswerID: 464754

Follow Up By: kevmac....(WA) - Wednesday, Sep 14, 2011 at 15:59

Wednesday, Sep 14, 2011 at 15:59
No we did not get to beribooding rock as were on tight schedule..we too fell for the up and over the rock trick
we walked up the road out and then up the 4wd track and when we got down the other side we found the "wave" & "Monty's Pass" and realised we still had 2 kms to go to get back to camp
Mind you once on top of the rock you realise how well worth the climb was.
FollowupID: 738918

Sponsored Links