poptop caravan hire in SA

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 02, 2003 at 02:13
ThreadID: 8899 Views:4591 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
My family and I have been planning a trip to the eastern states for some time departing from Perth. Lately though we have questioned the viability of tenting our way round through SA, Vic and NSW. We have wondered whether it is possible to hire a poptop caravan, suitable for 2 adults and 2 children (ages 14 & 16). We don’t want anything too large as simply getting off the ground (the tent) and into a van will be adequate. I am thinking something like a half height pop top or roof type pop top in about the 12 – 16 feet range.

We have a Nissan Patrol as the towing vehicle and would like to pick a van in Adelaide or there abouts around the 23 – 25 December 2003 then take it up as far as Sydney and drop it off about the 8th Jan 2004.

If this is not practical we can look at bringing it back to say Port Augusta or returning completely to Adelaide but this would be closer to 20 January.

Do you know of a suitable outlet that hires poptops that could suit our needs.

Kind regards
Kim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Michael- Tuesday, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:03

Tuesday, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:03
Kim
You could try Campaway Hire they hire Jayco poptop campavans, we hired one in Sept this year and found that it was no problem to tow be hind a Patrol. The model I hired was the Jayco Eagle and had enough sleeping accomodation for 5 two double bunks at the ends and a drop down table, my Patrol had no problem towing it in fact for most of the time I never new it was there, the only problem is that they do not like them going off-road. If you are interested they have a web site:
www.campawayhire.com
Give it a bash
cheers
AnswerID: 39166

Follow Up By: KP-H - Wednesday, Dec 03, 2003 at 00:39

Wednesday, Dec 03, 2003 at 00:39
thanks Michael. Will give them a try.
Kim
FollowupID: 238456

Sponsored Links