Pinnacle hard floor camper

Submitted: Monday, Jan 23, 2012 at 22:07
ThreadID: 91412 Views:2565 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any experience with Pinnacle hard floor campers?
We are considering one for an up coming 8 week trip.

Thanks,

Ian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: C B-H - Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 06:56

Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 06:56
I've only just purchased one and waiting for delivery.

I will let you know how it is when I get it. I have heard that you do need to cut a plug out of the water tank which prevents full flushing of the system but apart from that, as far as hard floor campers go, this one seems pretty good. I was supprised that it has independant suspension in this price range, which is great.

So far they seem very helpful at Pinnacles.

I e-mailed prior to buying and asked if I could change to a Nissan Patrol stud pattern on the rims (as they come standard with Toyota), I was advised they could do this but after calling on Friday not sure if they can still do it, will have to wait until monday to find out.
AnswerID: 476925

Follow Up By: Whirlwinder - Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 08:19

Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 08:19
Thanks for the info. I am sure the Patrol and Landcruiser stud pattern is the same but I think the hole in the middle is slightly different.
Are you in Sydney cos if so I would like to see the c/t when it arrives if that is OK.
Thanks,
Ian
FollowupID: 752078

Reply By: C B-H - Monday, Feb 06, 2012 at 13:06

Monday, Feb 06, 2012 at 13:06
Yeah, I just found out that the stud pattern is the same so they should fit.

I'm in the Pilbara in WA so I can send you some more photo's if you like.

I'm looking at modifying the drawbar and removing the spare tyre, gas bottles and gerry cans and throwing them on the roof rack so I can mount my motorbike up the front.

I'm also going to strengthen the hard floor to put my son's 110cc quad on the top which should off-set the tow ball weight a bit.

I have heard the tool box is huge so with any luck I will be able to modify the end and put a slide-out draw to fit my engle (saves building a whold new tool box).
AnswerID: 477107

Follow Up By: Whirlwinder - Monday, Feb 06, 2012 at 15:41

Monday, Feb 06, 2012 at 15:41
I would love to go back to the Pilbara but photos will have to do.
Pls email to "toian@spin'net.au".
Thanks,
Ian
FollowupID: 752292

Sponsored Links