Litchfield Park, best day trip?

Hi all

We have a friend visiting and won't have time to take her to Litchfield, has anyone done a day trip recently and can they vouch for a good operator?

Thanks

Lyndon
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Benno - Monday, Feb 13, 2012 at 00:38

Monday, Feb 13, 2012 at 00:38
Gday Lyndon,
Unless tour mate(s) are good with paying good coin to sit in a bus, they can't avoid the tourist trap that the Kakadu/Litchfield mob will pull. The alternative is that they put good fuel/oil/ (beer into your esky) and you take them out and enjoy the quieter than Kakadu, but still amazing Litchfield NP, head over to Butterfly Gorge and then Grove Hill Pub, finishing with a visit to the Adelaide River War Cemetry (BTW - unbelievable ANZAC Day) and then a late-lunch/tea at Adelaide River Pub and then head home. A better day out than any tourist mob will peddle, I'm sure.
All the best with it,
Ben

AnswerID: 477609

Follow Up By: Member - lyndon NT - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 19:57

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 19:57
I agree that Adelaide river war cemetery is great, never been Anzac day though, not a big fan of crowds. Friend has just done a tour and was very happy with it.

Cheers

Lyndon

FollowupID: 753090

Reply By: Member - lyndon NT - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 20:02

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 20:02
Just wanted to plug a business, our friend has just arrived back from Litchfield NP and was really happy with the tour.
Litchfield Dreams. www.litchfieldtours.com.au

Had a great day for only $119

Not everyone's cup of tea, including myself, but hey if it is the only way you are going to go it's good value.

Cheers

Lyndon

AnswerID: 477795

Sponsored Links