Crikey!! A very very cheap van!!

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 18:31
ThreadID: 92017 Views:4311 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
My wife & I are considering selling our van and about half an hour ago, not being very competent with computer's, I thought I would have a bit of a "toy" around with how to place an add on EO.
Well, I managed to open up the first bit OK & all the various fields looked pretty straight forward & easy, so I hit the "next" button. It would not progress to "next" because I had not filled out the required previous fields.
So I filled them out with a bit of nonsense including a sale price of $5 just so as I could view what was "next".
So, again I hit this "next" button, and hey presto!! My add was excepted, with a nice thank you message for using the service & the promise of an add confirmation by Email!!! AND wishing me good luck in selling it!!
Panic set in as to how to explain this to my wife who has spent all day detailing it inside. $5.00 lousy dollars! What to do next?
Well a stubby was called for to get my thinking straight & I realised that all states are behind NSW ( being the premium state) & therefore maybe an EO office was open somewhere in OZ that I could phone to cancel the add.
I dialled an 08 number and spoke to a very, very helpful & understanding young lady who was kind enough not to laugh at my stupidity, & then cancelled the add. Thank you, & I apologise, but I did not note your name.

She did however warn me that the cancellation maybe was not quick enough to escape the attention of a certain member that is coloured maroon, loves cane toads & lives in the water melon capital of Oz & who is not backward in helping his community in time of need. Any names people? LOL

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 18:35

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 18:35
Go the MAROONS hehehehe

I saw it Barry LOL

and the ever helpful female was Adele more than likely ;)

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 478345

Follow Up By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 19:00

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 19:00
Hi there young Kev, Well!! Fancy it being You!! Who would have ever thought it be you of all people! And yes, it was Adele, you have prompted what is left of my grey matter, thank you for the prompt, and again thank you Adele!!

It is so nice to communicate with many people like Adele on EO who are not one eyed, biased & a proper maroon PIA. Take care care mate!!
FollowupID: 753841

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 20:50

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 20:50
Barry,

I take it that Adele forgot to mention that she was a Born and Bred QUEENSLANDER ;)

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 753856

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 18:40

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 18:40
Hi Barry,

You probably spoke to Adele and the person of disrepute you are talking about is undoubtedly Sir Kev.

Actually, he is not such a bad bloke and has a lovely spouse too.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 478346

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 18:43

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 18:43
Bill,

I resemble that remark hehehe

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 753840

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 23:45

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 23:45
Ummmm ......I'll up the bid to $7.55

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 478378

Follow Up By: Member -Dodger - Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012 at 17:29

Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012 at 17:29
Gotcha Doug.

My bid $8.14

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 753923

Follow Up By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012 at 17:51

Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012 at 17:51
You blokes are a pair of cheap skates!! Couldn't even buy a couple of two bob meat pies with $7.00 or $8.00 these days!!
FollowupID: 753924

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012 at 18:13

Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012 at 18:13
OK The Barry,

How about you give me $5.00 as well as the Caravan hehehehe

GO THE MAROONS

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 753929

Sponsored Links