Table Land Track and Teronis Gorge

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/83958/Tablelands_Track_Kimberley.aspx

Looking through the archives re a potential trip in July 2012. I'm wondering if Gary (?) actually completed his planned trip and if he can advise of track conditions etc. Any info would be useful (from anyone).
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kanga1 - Wednesday, Feb 29, 2012 at 19:14

Wednesday, Feb 29, 2012 at 19:14
Hi Lefty, we had plans and permission to travel through Yulumbu and Bedford Downs via the Tablelands track last year, unfortunately the Wet last year was massive causing major track destruction and road closures, Rachel and Stirling at Bedford Downs were very helpful to us regarding our trip plans, they hadn't had any local traffic through from Yulumbu when I spoke to them in July prior to our planned arrival, this apparently is very unusual.
The track on their property was deemed undrivable, with the condition at the river crossing and Teronis Gorge unknown. We phoned through to Yulumbu and Imintji a couple of times to talk to Wallace the TO to talk to for that part of the Kimberley to no avail, the Wet most probably kept them out. We had also booked Moll Gorge for a few nights from the people at Mt House Station, but the track was undrivable and the Gorge inaccessable. Good luck with your plans, and Google is your friend for contacts and phone numbers. Cheers, Kanga.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 478990

Reply By: lefty1 - Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 12:10

Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 12:10
Thanks Kanga 1

We may have to think of another trip, as this year just as wet.
Any ideas anyone ........ we have done the GRR several times, including Mornington Station, Mitchell Plateu and El Questro, but were looking for something a little more off the main track.

Lefty1
AnswerID: 479072

Follow Up By: Member - Geoff M (VIC) - Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 12:58

Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 12:58
Hi Lefty,

Have been into Charnley River Station? The turn-off the GRR is near the Mornington T/O and I reckon it's better than Mornington. Great camping area, terrific gorges to explore, places to swim, and they were building a new toilet block last year.

Cheers, Geoff
FollowupID: 754553

Follow Up By: Kanga1 - Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 22:51

Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 22:51
Lefty, I can highly recommend the Munja track, you will need to speak with Pat Lacey at Mount Elizabeth Station regarding access. This track will take you through some vey special parts of the Kimberley out to Bachsten camp and Bachsten Falls, right out to Walcott Inlet if you like fishing. Cheers, Kanga.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 754619

Sponsored Links