internet camera buying

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 18:54
ThreadID: 92346 Views:1703 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys
Thanks all for my previous thread on SA.
Next question...Thinking of buying a new camera (Sony SLT-A55) off the "NET".Cheapest ,so far is Citiwide. Has anyone dealt with them?? If you have any recomendations of other "good price" deals I would appreciate your input.
Many thanks
Brian R
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robert & Karen - Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 19:09

Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 19:09
Hi,

We have used Citiwide to buy electronic equipment without any hassles.
As for the best price, as long as you googled your camera with the word "price", you will get the usual sites that have the best Aussie prices.

Regards

Robert & Karen
AnswerID: 479656

Reply By: Lifetime Member-Heather MG NSW - Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 21:29

Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 21:29
Hi Brian,

I bought a camera, lens and accessories from digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au recently and was impressed by their service and the prices were pretty good.
Haven't dealt with Citiwide so can't comment on it.

Regards,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 479683

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 14:59

Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 14:59
I have used them too and very happy with the service. I decided to go with them over the others as they have a shopfront store in Sydney so I could 'face to face' should the need arise.
FollowupID: 755190

Reply By: Member - iijmartin - Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 21:43

Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 21:43
Hi Brian,
Have purchased lenses (for my Nikon) from both Citiwide and DWI. Can recommend both. Just make sure they are in stock before you buy/pay. I paid via PayPal on the Wednesday and arrived Wagga (from Hong Kong) following Monday.
I would purchase a camera from either.
Regards,
Ian
AnswerID: 479686

Follow Up By: caseh - Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 04:37

Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 04:37
For price comparrisions on camera's ( and computers and related stuff) try this site:
http://www.pricespy.com.au

If you go for the high end camera gear buy them in NZ, the price difference together with what you gain on the exchange rate will pay for your trip - lol.

Cheers, Case, Tauranga, NZ
FollowupID: 755159

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 10:34

Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 10:34
Hi Brian I've bought 3 cameras on-line & a lens. 2 from Camerwarehouse. Excellent service and the other from Singapore.

I now go to www.shopbot.com.au as they will provide a price comparrison within the global area you're prepared to buy from.

Last camera lens came from Singapore and arrived in 3 days. Previous camera the same. Saved over 40% buying on-line.

Currently if I was buying my Cannon 600D again, shopbot have 70 store listings in Australia with prices ranging from $458 - $2,429. Citywide is the cheapest. The lens I bought was from Global On-line and they currently are $100 dearer than Citywide for my camera.

What I've found is that you get excellent delivery services with these companies and they provide you with postal tracking updates via email daily.

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 479734

Sponsored Links