EOTrackMe - Profile Page Device Registration problem

I'm a new member, and have just purchased the iPhone uTrackme app and set it up.
But I can't see any section on my profile page to add the device - no EOTrackMe section at all.
I must be missing something obvious?
Cheers,
Garry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kris E - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 20:17

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 20:17
did you read this..

http://www.exploroz.com/Customers/82.875/8/2010/EOTrackMe__Settings_for_uTrackMe__iPhone___iPad_.aspx

It seems to contain all of the info you may need.
Kris
Never forget: cars have owners, Defenders have field service personnel. The other car is my crumple zone.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 480104

Follow Up By: Member - Sonshine - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 20:21

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 20:21
Hi Kris,

Yes I did read this one. I have no issue setting up the iPhone side. Its just that I can see no place in my ExploreOz profile page to register the device.

There is no section or Tab for EOTrackMe on my ExploreOz profile page.

It may be that the administrators just have not "enabled it for me" yet, as I am a new member.

FollowupID: 755619

Follow Up By: Member - Kris E - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 20:24

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 20:24
There does not appear to be one on my profile page either, so I don't think there is one.
Fire up the UTrackme software and then check out the EOTrackme tab on the normal pages.

Kris
Never forget: cars have owners, Defenders have field service personnel. The other car is my crumple zone.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 755621

Follow Up By: Member - Sonshine - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 20:34

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 20:34
Thanks Kris.

I have not downloaded any software, as I thought the "service" was provided by the website, with my tracked device being my iPhone. I have also ordered a SPOT 2 so will need to set that up when it arrives.

So is it the case that I need to install an application on my PC in order to use the OETrackMe service?

This may be a problem as I have a Mac. I do have a windows notebook which I could use at a pinch.

The dock I have read implied that the ExploreOz website profile page provided the place to register my device and thus enable the service.

FollowupID: 755623

Follow Up By: Member - Kris E - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 21:03

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 21:03
I purchased the iPad version.
I have also setup as per the info provided, but as yet my profile has no section to register my profile as the app requests.
Kris

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 755625

Reply By: Member Andys Adventures - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 20:33

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 20:33
Hi Sonshine. Go to Members and at the bottom is Eotrack Me click on and scroll down to Iphone I pad set up
Andy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 480106

Follow Up By: Member - Sonshine - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 20:43

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 20:43
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the comeback.

As mentioned to Kris above, the iPhone side has gone sweet-as. My iPhone is asking me to register the iPhone on the ExploreOz Profile Page.

This is where I am stuck - can't see where to do that :/
FollowupID: 755624

Reply By: Member - John D, Wandong (Vic) - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 21:42

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 21:42
Garry, on the "My Profile" page you will see a blue button with "View Public Profile" on it, click this and see if there is anywhere to enter your iPhone details,
I also have an iPhone that is linked to EOTrackMe, but I can't remember if that's where I went or not because all it shows now is that it is set up and I can see the details!

Regards, John
AnswerID: 480112

Follow Up By: Member - Sonshine - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 21:53

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 21:53
Hey John,

Bingo - spot on - its there on the Public Profile.

My iPhone is now registered and showing on the map.

Looking forward to my SPOT 2 arriving next week and I'll need to set that up also.

Cheers and thanks again!
FollowupID: 755627

Follow Up By: Member - Sonshine - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 22:15

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 22:15
Ah... one more question...

It says I can enter my home location, which will enable a Geofence around my home.

Cant see anywhere on the Profile to enter my home location.

Any thoughts on this one?
FollowupID: 755628

Follow Up By: Member - John D, Wandong (Vic) - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 22:25

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 22:25
Garry,
On the Public Profile page, below the map you will see a section with details about your device, you will also see a heading "Geofences", click the "Add" link, now you have to fill in the required details!

Cheers, John
FollowupID: 755629

Follow Up By: Member - Sonshine - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 22:29

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 22:29
Thanks John,

Yes, I did see that one - Lat and Long I can deal with (I think) but trying to figure out what Geocode Address is :/

FollowupID: 755630

Follow Up By: Member - John D, Wandong (Vic) - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 22:38

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 22:38
Garry,
I've got mine set up as follows...

Name = I've called mine "Home".
Enter Lat & Lon of "Home".
Adjust the radius that you want around "Home", mine is set for 2000m.
GeoCode Address = My home address.

Cheers, John
FollowupID: 755631

Follow Up By: Member - Sonshine - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 22:45

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 22:45
Thanks John,

I did try that ...

I'm getting "error: AJAX abort"

What format did you use for the Lat and Long?

I have tried nn.nnnnE nnn.nnnnE

FollowupID: 755632

Follow Up By: Member - Sonshine - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 23:00

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 23:00
Ah - You may ignore that last post... I have the correct format now - all sorted

Thanks again John!
FollowupID: 755634

Follow Up By: Member - John D, Wandong (Vic) - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 23:34

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 23:34
Glad you got it all sorted, one other thing I do with UTrackMe when I'm out and about...before I head off anywhere I open the UTrackMe App on the iPhone and click the settings button (cog icon) at top left of screen, then I turn "Background Tracking" to On, this enables tracking to occur if you are using the phone for a call, text msg or even when the phone goes into "sleep/battery saver" mode.

Glad to be of help,
Cheers, John
FollowupID: 755636

Follow Up By: Member - Kris E - Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 23:40

Sunday, Mar 11, 2012 at 23:40
Also thanks to John D, your instructions also helped me get it set up.
Kris

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 755637

Follow Up By: Member - Sonshine - Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 09:51

Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 09:51
I have added a GeoFence, however a public user can still go to my public profile and the Geofence does not seem to be active, i.e. can see the detail within the Geofence radius.

If I click view on the geofence line, it looks ok.

Appreciate any advice on how to activate the geofence
FollowupID: 755654

Reply By: Member - Sonshine - Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 09:49

Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 09:49
I have added a GeoFence, however a public user can still go to my public profile and the Geofence does not seem to be active, i.e. can see the detail within the Geofence radius.

If I click view on the geofence line, it looks ok.

Appreciate any advice on how to activate the geofence.
AnswerID: 480139

Follow Up By: Member - John D, Wandong (Vic) - Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:19

Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:19
Hi Garry,
I searched "Geofence" in ExplorOz for some more info on what the Geofence does re. data recording etc. below is a copy/paste from EOTrackMe...

Geofences
A Geofence is a term used to describe a geographical boundary and in EOTrackMe we allow you to protect various locations in a Geofence. Initially, there is one Geofence configured and this is located at your home address (based on your My Profile Edit Home Position setting) and the proximity of the geofence is initially defined as 2km. This means that no positions will be recorded or displayed on the map if the position is within 2kms of your home address. This is a security feature to ensure that your home location is not accessible to anyone viewing the EOTrackMe system.

The system supports an unlimited number of Geofences for each user. Each Geofence supports variable proximity and this is easily configurable in your profile. So, for instance you could Geofence your home, work, friends' places etc to ensure that these addresses are not recorded. You could also set a Geofence around a whole city or suburb. The maximum radius is currently set for 10km as this would seem to be the most logical maximum considering that you can have as many as you like.

So my understanding from this is that a Geofence is like a protected zone which will not give away your position within that zone.
So I guess if you want someone to see more detail within that zone you would need to reduce the size of the Geofence!

Cheers, John
FollowupID: 755658

Follow Up By: Member - Sonshine - Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:45

Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:45
Hi John,

Yes, that is what I understand it is supposed to do. So someone looking at your map should not be able to see you "at home".

It doesn't seem to be working however, as if I log out, then look at my public profile, the map shows me at home.

The GeoFence is supposed to prevent this.

If you were to look at the "View" button next to the Geofence detail line in profile, it does then show the geofence - hiding the detailed location from view.

I think you mentioned you have a geofence setup around your home. I suspect yours isn't working either, as if I look at your public profile, I can see your home location and recent movements nearby :/
FollowupID: 755659

Follow Up By: Member - John D, Wandong (Vic) - Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:37

Monday, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:37
Hi Garry,

I'm not sure if we have it set up correctly or not, the map you see in my profile shows my last recorded position before I shut EOTrackMe down on my phone, my home position is some 40 klms away.

I realise now that sometimes when I have background tracking On, I might use another app that may access the internet, when I have finished using the app I then turn my phone off completely and then back on again because I am wary that the app may be using up my phone data allowance with my Telstra plan...maybe I'm parranoid, when this happens it probably interupts the EOTrackMe data logging and draws a straight line to the point where I turned background tracking back on!

I think we are both at the same point now, so if I find out anything else I will let you know.

Cheers, John
FollowupID: 755660

Sponsored Links