Comment: East Victoria Road Conditions

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 15, 2012 at 18:50
ThreadID: 92529 Views:1796 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Walhalla to woods point: 81 kilometres in three hours with a jeep 4x4 Road conditions from Matlock turnoff to Aberfeldy high risk to conventional cars two land slips one barley passable One large tree over road ok up to 2 metres height clearance. This section one car width no run-offs (where the slips are just past the bridge) I would strongly reconsider 2 cars travelling this road currently has not been maintained for two years bush fires lack of vegetation and high run off have eroded the surface to bare rock / shale some sharp. If going to Aberfeldy from south go by Rawson mostly made road. The old Walhalla road is in a word scary one car width few run off blind corners of about 28k road in equal poor condition. Note I travelled this road this trip when road was wet one more season of no maintenance and this will be a high level 4x4 track a shame since three years ago I travelled it in relative ease in a commodore. Also as this is one of only two roads that join north and south Victoria its a shame. I wrote to DSE etc. - no response. The locals in Walhalla say no one will take responsibility vic roads dse government etc.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links