Who has a bullbar without a suspension upgrade?

1 am looking to put a bullbar on my 200 series Landcruiser and was wondering if I can get away without a suspension upgrade or airbags.

I will be towing a heavy caravan on the big trip around Aussie.

Am interested in hearing from those who have a bullbar but still running the standard suspension.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 07:12

Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 07:12
It would depend largely on the overall weight of the bullbar.

I have a GM accessory bullbar fitted by a Holden dealer. It is of alloy construction and there was no suspension upgrade involved.

The dealer may have adjusted the front torsion bars to compensate for any weight differential to maintain the original height.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 480489

Reply By: Berniec - Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 07:24

Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 07:24
I have a TJM Steel bullbar on my 200 Series and standard suspension and there was almost no visible difference in ride height. I tow about 1800kg so that adds about 180kg downforce to the rear and this also was not significant. My big trip in 2010 included Cape York, Gulf Savannah and the Great Central Road and had no problems. I think you will find the vast majority of 200 Series do not have suspension upgrades, are towing some of the larger loads and are completing the tasks very comfortably.
Enjoy the journey. The big trip should be taken at a leisurely rate. As someone on this forum remarks - "Australia looks better at 80kph."
AnswerID: 480492

Reply By: Member - Glenys & Ken Taree - Saturday, Mar 24, 2012 at 10:32

Saturday, Mar 24, 2012 at 10:32
I have fitted an alloy ECB bullbar to my 200 series without any front suspension upgrade, have upgraded the rear with new OME shocks and air bags, works well towing a 23 ft. van around OZ.
Incidentally, since fitting the bullbar, they really work. I've not seen one bull. !!!!!!
AnswerID: 481242

Sponsored Links