Rudall River NP

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 22:58
ThreadID: 92889 Views:1468 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
Does any one know how much water is in the soaks, etc in Rudall River NP at present?
Thanks. Phil
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: equinox - Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 23:41

Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 23:41
Not sure Phil,

There has been some rain, some heavy rain in mid-march...I think there would be some water there - not over flowing I would imagine.

Telfer rain last few months

Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 481818

Reply By: Mick O - Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 15:52

Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 15:52
Phil,

if there has been good rains there will be water in Watrara and Tjarra Pools and most likely Curran Curran. # goannas pool at DQB is semi permanant so only the level will change. Good recent showers may mean that there are also pools along the Rudall River itself west between the Main Nth-Sth Road and Tjarra. Klakan Kalkan and Talbot soaks to the east are hard to find and unreliable.

Rudall River Highlights

Cheers Mick

''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 481874

Reply By: DEC Pilbara - Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 17:41

Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 17:41
Hi - advice from mining companies and communities out there is that things are only just startiing to dry out. They've had some big rain. Kintyre guys are only just back on site.

The road through Karlamilyi National Park (formerly Rudall River) from Telfer to Talawana Track is very rough and eroded at the moment. We're hoping to get a grader on it over the next 2-3 weeks to make it passable again. Should be plenty of water around for while yet in waterholes.

If anyone wants further information please ring Dept Environment and Conservation (DEC) in Karratha on (08) 9182 2000.

DEC is putting up some boundary and road signs this year with help from others out that way.

Regards,

Alex

AnswerID: 481883

Follow Up By: Mick O - Saturday, Mar 31, 2012 at 16:44

Saturday, Mar 31, 2012 at 16:44
Alex, has there been any consideration given to installing a self composting toilet block at DQB (similar to the Track-care built unit at Durba Spring). It would certainly protect the amenity of the area.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 757271

Follow Up By: DEC Pilbara - Monday, Apr 02, 2012 at 11:10

Monday, Apr 02, 2012 at 11:10
Thanks Mick - i think this is a great idea and needed in the DQB area for sure, and maybe one or two spots. I am aware of the MoU between DEC and track Care, etc, and the potential for track adoption agreements. Would Track Care be interested in forming longer term relationship with DEC at Karlamiliyi NP?

Maybe we can have a chat before long about it. Are you able to pass on your contact details?
FollowupID: 757423

Sponsored Links