Going north

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:42
ThreadID: 94977 Views:1764 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hello fellow RVer's I'm planning our first big trip 4 1/2 months, Campbelltown nsw to Campbelltown nsw via Dubbo, Moree, St George, Charlieville, Barcaldine, Longreach, Winton, Mt Isa accross to the 3 ways to Banga Banga up to Darwin back down to Alice Springs Port Augusta Broken Hill and anywhere inbetween.
What do I need help with you ask well let me tell you. Free camps close to towns etc what to check out in the towns etc. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Graeme
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Apr 18, 2012 at 13:41

Wednesday, Apr 18, 2012 at 13:41
Hi Graeme,

Sounds like a great trip. But you have asked a very big question, so I suggest that you start by searching around on this site in the forum, blogs and places sections and then come back with specific questions. Also use the red search button in the top RH corner of this page. Get hold of Camps Australia an invaluable publication (available from the online shop on this site) to help you find free camps.

We have been over much of your proposed route so having a browse through our blogs (via the link below our name at the bottom of this post) might answer some of your questions too.

And finally, dont try to plan down to the last detail. As you travel you will talk to many others who are doing what you are and will be able to give advice on places to see and places to avoid. Much of this local info is not on the web, is up-to-date and also has the element of serendipity than can be great when out on an adventure.

Cheers,

Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 483447

Reply By: snailbait (Blue mntns) - Wednesday, Apr 18, 2012 at 21:11

Wednesday, Apr 18, 2012 at 21:11
hi Graeme
First of all i would purchase a copy of Camps 6 it is available from ExploreOz
you can plan your free camps from there
If you are flushed with cash purchase a GPS AND HAVE THE Camp 6 put on SD card and you can read the free camps on the screen
Terry
Life MEMBER snailbait Oberon HF RADIO CLUB VKE237 mobile 7661

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 483498

Reply By: Member - Tony (ACT) - Thursday, Apr 19, 2012 at 07:58

Thursday, Apr 19, 2012 at 07:58
A good free camp just north of Dubbo, but can get very busy. That will get you out of Sydney and good for the first stop. Check your intended route from there using the Camps 6.

On the way to St George stop the night at the Nindagully Pub, free camp on river.

Worth a stop over in St George and then take the road up to Mitchell where you can spend a day or two.

Hope this gives you a better idea on how to enjoy your trip.
AnswerID: 483512

Follow Up By: GREENDOG ! - Saturday, Apr 21, 2012 at 19:16

Saturday, Apr 21, 2012 at 19:16
When in PT Augasta turn left about 5 ks south of the town at the Stirling North turn off and make your way up to Wilpenna Pound,the heart of the Flinders Rangers,you will first pass through the Pichi Richi Pass and on to Quorn that is home to the Pichi Richi Railway and is bases on the Afgahan railway line back in the 1950-60-70s and is fantastic then on to Hawker base which is a great place to plain your trip into the Flinders have fun.cheer's GREENDOG.
FollowupID: 759051

Sponsored Links