Samsung 10.1 tab and Ozexplorer

Submitted: Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 16:33
ThreadID: 95094 Views:3145 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Afternoon all. Just wondering if anybody has loaded Ozexplor and the Hema maps onto a Samsung 10.1 tab and used moveing maps with it? We're thinking of going this way to give a bit more room in the frount, pc takes to much. Cheers Errol
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Isuzumu - Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 17:35

Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 17:35
It has a built in GPS receiver so will work very well, I have a 7 inch android tablet and run Ozi with Hema maps, it's great. Ozi have an app for about $20, it's on their web site.
AnswerID: 483924

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 20:01

Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 20:01
Hi Errol,

I have loaded Oziexplorer and the Natmap series of digital maps onto my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Works very well but I have not used it to any large extent yet.

The instructions on the OziExplorer website are very good.
You need to convert the maps to OZFx3 format (via the free Img2ozf utility) to run on OziExplorer forAndroid.

I cheated as I have the files already available from my Hema Navigator, which is my primary device when travelling.
I loaded Ozi and the maps onto the Galaxy tablet to see how easy and effective it is, but the size of the tablet is a bit big to seriously consider mounting it in my vehicle, at this stage.

Just one tip.
OziExplorer for Android is not "readily accessable" from a menu on the OxiExplorer site, but if you select Buy Now from the menu option on the left side of the main page you can scroll down to the OziExplorer Android heading, then select OziExplorer Android Page, which will allow you to download the application, install the trial version and play around with it, without the need to purchase it up front.

If happy, you can access the Buy Now page and purchase the app.
An email will be sent to you with registration details to turn the trial application into a full working copy without the need to reinstall.

Good luck. You won't be disappointed.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 483945

Sponsored Links