holden colorado bullbar

Submitted: Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 21:17
ThreadID: 95210 Views:7876 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi guys im looking at fitting an arb bullbar to my colorado and just looking at photos on the net looks as is the existing front bar on the ute need to be cut to fit the bullbar is this right or does the front bar just come apart ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 21:42

Friday, Apr 27, 2012 at 21:42
Nick,

I have a GM accessory bull bar on my Colorado and the dealer (or their 3rd party installer) cut the front bumper.
In fact it looks as though only a small amount of bumper bar is left on each side and I wonder why they didn't just remove the whole lot.
Must be a reason I guess, but it seems a bit strange.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 484406

Reply By: Effie C (Ex NT now ACT) - Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 01:27

Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 01:27
nick clark
Front bar is indeed cut and the remainder below the headlights across the bottopm of the grille etc. is reinstalled. If the installer knows what he is doing then the end result is very good :)
Live One Day at a Time for Tomorrow May Never Come.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 484416

Reply By: Ross M - Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:14

Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:14
Yes you are right, the fitter of the bar just hacks the bottom off it and much of the inner skirts as well.
No saving the planet by these people they don't give a damn.

Depending on the model the $1000 or more plastic is totally wasted except for some little bits retained.
It could have been resold to panel beater repair shops and money recouped but Aussie retailers of Bullbars just want a dollar as quick as they can.
They don't care about the loss of value which is imposed upon you cos they got ya money for the bit of steel they sold you anyway.

If any of the retailers have more than half a brain and given their production ability, the could easily produce a model specific fill piece to fit the various models along with their bbar. To hard to fink of this cos it might have to be colour coded and that causes more trouble for them because of the dollar focus.

No manufacturer to date has been smart enough to do this.
I intend to fit a steel TJM bar to my vehicle but there is no way the original $1000 plastic bar will be destroyed.
If everyone supports the same dillusion regarding the fitment process then there is no problem at all.

You can add some specially made side pieces and it would be ok.
Many people like to see the closest fit possible but because of the chassis.cab movement you have to have clearance anyway, so aesthetics don't really matter and no one passing you one the highway or in the bush will know if you have 3 mm clearance or 30 mm clearance between the components.

Put a nice set of driving lights on and no one will ever see or comment about the fit of the bar.
Remember sellers and dealers want, quick, cheap, out the door, get the money, all done. Its called business.

Ross M
AnswerID: 484433

Reply By: Ross M - Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:14

Saturday, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:14
Yes you are right, the fitter of the bar just hacks the bottom off it and much of the inner skirts as well.
No saving the planet by these people they don't give a damn.

Depending on the model the $1000 or more plastic is totally wasted except for some little bits retained.
It could have been resold to panel beater repair shops and money recouped but Aussie retailers of Bullbars just want a dollar as quick as they can.
They don't care about the loss of value which is imposed upon you cos they got ya money for the bit of steel they sold you anyway.

If any of the retailers have more than half a brain and given their production ability, the could easily produce a model specific fill piece to fit the various models along with their bbar. To hard to fink of this cos it might have to be colour coded and that causes more trouble for them because of the dollar focus.

No manufacturer to date has been smart enough to do this.
I intend to fit a steel TJM bar to my vehicle but there is no way the original $1000 plastic bar will be destroyed.
If everyone supports the same dillusion regarding the fitment process then there is no problem at all.

You can add some specially made side pieces and it would be ok.
Many people like to see the closest fit possible but because of the chassis.cab movement you have to have clearance anyway, so aesthetics don't really matter and no one passing you one the highway or in the bush will know if you have 3 mm clearance or 30 mm clearance between the components.

Put a nice set of driving lights on and no one will ever see or comment about the fit of the bar.
Remember sellers and dealers want, quick, cheap, out the door, get the money, all done. Its called business.

Ross M
AnswerID: 484434

Sponsored Links