Marysville to Walhalla

Submitted: Monday, Jan 05, 2004 at 23:23
ThreadID: 9524 Views:2344 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This Australia Day long weekend I want to head up to Marysville, and go to Walhalla via Woods Point, and possibly camp over at either just past Woods Point or at Aberfeldy.

My questions are
1) Is it crowded over long weekends
2) Where is the best spot for bush camping and/or swimming
3) Can I safely/enjoyably make it from Marysville to Aberfeldy in 1 day.

Does anyone have suggestions and recommendations.

Thanks

BTW why are some camping grounds on the HEMA High Country map marked as Blue Tents
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - JohnR - Tuesday, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:50

Tuesday, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:50
DCPAus, can just answer question 3 for you as I have not camped in the area. Tis beautiful though in many areas like Woods Point or the Aberfeldy River.

December 02 I drove from Marysville to Woods Point, to Walhalla to Narre Warren just on a B&B round no problems with a 4by and could have done it easily in a reasonble clearance 2by. Never had much time in the past so worked it like that for timing no trouble at all.

You would not get to the best spots in anything but a 4by remember.

I would have thought you could find spots then as my son has found now, on the Howqua, with only friends there and kilometres of space to the next.Regards

JohnR - Not enough of the right travelling, some here..... some over there.......
AnswerID: 41908

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 06, 2004 at 23:49

Tuesday, Jan 06, 2004 at 23:49
Our club has 3 groups of 8 going, 2 other clubs have multi groups going. Thats all that I know of from talkin to trip coordinator.

Busy?? its a long weekend.. there arent many of them, so thats when everyone heads out.
AnswerID: 42003

Reply By: Kim - Sunday, Jan 11, 2004 at 20:21

Sunday, Jan 11, 2004 at 20:21
We are looking to go camping on Aust day w/e about 2 hours drive from Mornington. Some time ago, someone told me there was great camping near Walhalla, along the river. On the internet I have only been able to find the main camp ground in the township itself. Can anyone help? Our dog would like to come with us if possible.

Thanks.
AnswerID: 42600

Sponsored Links