thetford fridge - new

Submitted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 15:46
ThreadID: 95604 Views:2470 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
we have just returned from four months away in a kedron caravan fitted with the new 184l - two door fridge- rated T - and it worked brilliantly. This fridge is made in the USA and we tried one over there last year. One point to remember - we had ours fitted with a roof top vent and when you think about it - most chimnerys are roof vented- arent they. Every time we see comeone with a screen over their fridge inlets/outlets- we imagine that they have had problems. by the way the T - is tropical rated.
regards from sunny tewantin.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 20:25

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 20:25
Good to see a bit of competition in the market. It may make the other/s lift their game a bit now. Bob
AnswerID: 485984

Follow Up By: pepper2 - Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 09:07

Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 09:07
are these gas powered?
FollowupID: 761262

Reply By: ed c1 - Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 09:49

Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 09:49
hi ferryman,,,,you lucky bugger,,,im having all sorts of trouble with my fridge,the van is only 20 months old ..the guts of the fridge has been replaced 2 x and ive done all things right ,,,you name it ive done it to no avail
.....i went to the sydney caravan show last month and talked to van dealers and fridge dealers etc,,,,,,and it appears that my fridge is under rated for the intended job ,,,,outback australia,,,its rated as NS what ever that means cause it goes ape ship after the ambient temp reaches 27'C and does not recover until over night.,,,,,,,now looking for another fridge,,,,.......
ive picked up a few catalogues etc on fridges and you know what ?? there is no information on ratings listed one even had "designed for harsh australian conditions " but no information on temps or rating
after talking around i believe,and imay be wrong here,,,that the NS will only work up to 32'C ,,,,,ST,,,,,,up to 36 'C ,,T to 42'C,,,,,,,
they all seem to clam up when asked about the ratings....
i wish i knew all this when i purchased the van ,,,,,,,,
also ive noticed that reviews on new vans in magazines etc never list the rating on this major and important item
i would be lost without my engel
buying a new van ?? ASK ABOUT THE FRIDGE RATING,,,,,,,
AnswerID: 486028

Reply By: Member - wicket - Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 09:57

Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 09:57
NS rating means Not Suitable ;)
AnswerID: 486030

Reply By: Dazmit - Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 10:04

Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 10:04
Hi Ferryman

Glad to hear you are happy with the new Thetford as i'm interested in one.

Did you have a thermometer inside and if so approx what temp did it maintain at and what was the recovery time back to 3 or 4C after door had been opened etc ?

Cheers

Darryl
Brisbane
AnswerID: 486031

Sponsored Links