Arraburry Road conditions

Submitted: Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 19:14
ThreadID: 95670 Views:1769 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Good people,
Some friends and I will be travelling from Windorah to Innamincka via Haddon corner, Cordillo Downs woolshed and the Dig Tree in late July and would like some idea on what the road would be like. I am guessing fairly rough gibber country, can anyone confirm this. Thanks in advance
Cheers Drew
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Michael and Chris (QL - Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 22:10

Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 22:10
The road on the Queensland side of the boarder has been in great condition when I have travelled it (you could sit on 100+km/hr if you like.) The road on the SA side was not bad but more gibberish so alot slower. If you can, try taking the northern loop road from Innaminka too the Dig Tree on your way back as I have found the scenery awesome on that road. I wouldn't call any of that road rough but that depends on your set-up. Cheers MickImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found
AnswerID: 486253

Follow Up By: Glastonbury - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 19:41

Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 19:41
Mick,
Thanks for the reply,when did you last travel down that way. There will be 4 cars all towing trailers.
Cheers Andrew
FollowupID: 761564

Follow Up By: Member - Michael and Chris (QL - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 21:38

Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 21:38
Hi Andrew,
I was out there last October but in saying that the road has been in good condition every time I have travelled it. The road from Nappa Merrie to Arrabury is used by the mining companys so I think they maintain it. I was towing my camper on it last trip and had no problems much better than the road on the SA side. You don't really say which way you are taking to get to Cordillo Downs, are you cutting down via Cadelga ruins, Cordillo Downs then on to Innaminka then back up to Haddon Corner via the Dig tree or cutting across to Cordillo via Arrabury?
Cheers Mick
FollowupID: 761578

Follow Up By: Glastonbury - Monday, May 21, 2012 at 06:52

Monday, May 21, 2012 at 06:52
Gday Mick,
Our plan is travel south from Windorah, slip into Haddon corner,do a side trip out to Cordillo from the Arrabury rd, then keep heading south to the Dig tree and Innamincka.Hopefully by late July early August the track out to Coongie is open Different maps all have a different distance to Cordillo from the Arrabury rd, it will probably be a 120km round trip. Thanks for the road info, it's hard to get anything from last year, although I just googled arrabury down camping and "the landy" from here posted a similar question on the same day last year. That was spooky.
Cheers Drew
FollowupID: 761600

Sponsored Links