Pet Friendly accomondation in Darwin

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 18:28
ThreadID: 95999 Views:5651 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

We will be arriving in Darwin later this week and have not pre booked a caravan park that is pet friendly.
The Oasis Tourist Park is booked solid for the next 2 months and I am waiting on a reply from the Coolalinga Caravan Park.
I heard in our travels you can camp at the Darwin Showground with pets, can someone please confirm if this is correct.
Does anyone know any other caravan park or property that is pet friendly we can stay at , we are self sufficient so don't require power or water

Thanks
Daschin around
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - RobnJane(VIC) - Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 19:28

Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 19:28
I've recently checked with both Coolalinga (talk to Sean) and Tumbling Waters and in our circumstances (small Cocker Spaniel) were happy to accomodate the dog (and us).

Hope you enjoy Darwin.

Rgds,

Rob.
RobnJane

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 487540

Follow Up By: Member - Daschin around - Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 19:45

Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 19:45
Hi Rob

I am waiting for a reply from Coollinga , hope to hear from them tomorrow.
Good to have another option, thanks I will contact them tomorrow.

Have you stayed at either park?
We have 2 mini Dachunds who are now well traveled

Thanks
Daschin around
FollowupID: 762813

Reply By: offroadcruiser - Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 20:42

Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 20:42
Hi,
we have stayed at Tumbling Waters for the last 3 x years. It's a great place and the people running it are easy going with nothing being a problem. It's a little way out of town (about 40 min) but it's cheaper and friendlier than the more central CP's. It's right next to Berry Springs, Territory Wildlife Park and gives you a head start for Litchfield NP!
We have had dogs with no problems. There is a camping area and a caravan area. The caravan area has better amenities (as of October 2011), but this is not much of an issue. You just walk over to the caravan side!
I'd say you couldn't go wrong at Tumbling Waters.
Wayne
AnswerID: 487546

Follow Up By: Member - Daschin around - Monday, Jun 04, 2012 at 17:24

Monday, Jun 04, 2012 at 17:24
Hi Wayne

Unfortunately Oasis and Tumbling Waters are both booked out until the 17th June on
Coolalinga has vacancies but is very expensive compare to the above parks.

I was also surprised that Coolalinga also charges $2 per day per animal ( not very pet friendly) and as we have 2 its an extra $4 per day. When I spoke to them today the guy on the other end of the phone was not helpful , like pulling teeth and boarding on being rude, so he won't be getting our business

Darwin has the V8 Super Cars on 15-17th June & I was told today from 2 guys that left yesterday the place is already crazy and stay away if we can.

So we will stay away until after the 17th.

Cheers
Daschin around
FollowupID: 762886

Reply By: 325 - Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 23:03

Sunday, Jun 03, 2012 at 23:03
Sorry to semi hijak your thread :) however it appears that we will be arriving in 'Cowboy Country' early Sept. for both work and play.

We were last in town about 6 years ago with our old boxer and most central parks were very unfriendly towards dog owners in general . [our dog even had her own good behaviour passport from MANY different parks].
Fortunately we were able to stay on a friends property.

I was wondering as to how the situation is with parks in Darwin in general is nowdays with INPEX drawing many workers to the area?

Thanks , and sorry for the hijack.
AnswerID: 487556

Follow Up By: Member - lyndon NT - Monday, Jun 04, 2012 at 07:33

Monday, Jun 04, 2012 at 07:33
Darwin is heading the way of the top of WA, many people now pay $300 a week just to sub let a room. We have just bought a house for what would be considered a STUPID figure down south. Now have our 2 bedroom apartment up for sale, if it doesn't sell it will easily rent for $650 a week! Crazy times.
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 762842

Reply By: ReCon - Monday, Jun 04, 2012 at 19:55

Monday, Jun 04, 2012 at 19:55
Cheers for the heads up Lyndon! Will give me time now to organise a place to stay , this time without my old mate :(

Just hope this massive industrialisation doesn't take away the original character of the place...
AnswerID: 487622

Reply By: lesterb - Tuesday, Jun 05, 2012 at 20:43

Tuesday, Jun 05, 2012 at 20:43
Not sure about the Darwin Showground but the Darwin Show is on at the end of July so I'd say it would definately be out around that time.
AnswerID: 487748

Sponsored Links