Question: Old Andado Track

In July 2012 I want to travel south from Ross River on Newmery Road, cutting down to the Old Andado Road on a private track via Todd River Downs station. Could anyone tell me if the station allows public access. I want to avoid going into Alice Springs. Steel gap and the Arookara Range have to be traversed; I wonder if there is any difficulty there too?
Richard at Yabba
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ross N (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 07:38

Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 07:38
The track from Alice to Mt Dare via Old Andado is OK subject to weather but I
don't think Old Andado is presently occupied but a call to Mt Dare closer to the time would help
Ross
Ross N

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 487778

Reply By: Ozrover - Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 16:07

Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 16:07
I don't think the owners of the private track you are referring to allow people to travers it anymore after some difficulties with travellers in the past.

Best to give them a call & ask.

AnswerID: 487806

Follow Up By: Member - Richard & Valda D - Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 18:16

Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 18:16
Thanks Jeff,
I spoke to Kevin Pick at Todd River Downs station today. He is a most interesting bloke and was most helpful. He said I could get to him from Newmery Road but Ringwood Station leases the land at the southern end of the private track and they have fenced off the entrance. Kevin suggested the track was overgrown with saplings and long grass and is pretty much impassable (conveyed to him by a friend who tried to get thru and turned back). He also said the track would be rough where it crosses the Todd River too. I would still love to have a go (I have VHF radio and reasonable recovery gear and experience) but I won't unless I can get permission from Ringwood Station. You wouldn't know how I could contact them would you? I tried googling it without success.
PS I will drop in to Mt Dare camp and say g'day on our way to Dalhousie Springs. Many thanks for your help.

Richard
FollowupID: 763050

Follow Up By: Member - Richard & Valda D - Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 18:30

Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 18:30
Thanks Jeff,
I spoke to Kevin Pick at Todd River Downs station today. He is a most interesting bloke and was most helpful. He said I could get to him from Newmery Road but Ringwood Station leases the land at the southern end of the private track and they have fenced off the entrance. Kevin suggested the track was overgrown with saplings and long grass and is pretty much impassable (conveyed to him by a friend who tried to get thru and turned back). He also said the track would be rough where it crosses the Todd River too. I would still love to have a go (I have VHF radio and reasonable recovery gear and experience) but I won't unless I can get permission from Ringwood Station. You wouldn't know how I could contact them would you? I tried googling it without success.
PS I will drop in to Mt Dare camp and say g'day on our way to Dalhousie Springs. Many thanks for your help.

Richard
FollowupID: 763051

Follow Up By: Ozrover - Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 08:39

Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 08:39
Sorry, I've had a look through our contacts list & we don't have their number.

FollowupID: 763076

Sponsored Links