Polaris Next gen GPS

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 10:48
ThreadID: 96078 Views:2317 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Gday all,

Anyone installed one of these new Polaris units, I realise there is a lot of negative feedback in the past but wondering If they have gotten any better.
Not really Interested in Brash or Dig ones.
Any feed back appreciated

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ChrisK - Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 16:06

Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 16:06
Hope you have spoken to them to ensure that they have one for your vehicle....
AnswerID: 487859

Reply By: SteveL- Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 06:30

Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 06:30
I have just had one installed in my D40 Navara. like you i was a bit hesitant after hearing bad feedback. The new unit is a marked improvement on the old ones and the street mapping is as good if not better than the Navman I was using.
The Bluetooth is good and works well with my i-phone4s.
The radio is probably not as good as the original as we are on the outskirts of Sydney it does loose the stations a bit.
The sound using i-pod is great.
We will test the off road mapping this weekend and I will post a result on Tuesday.
Overall I have been pretty happy with the unit as a whole, it is a lot quicker and more efficient than the older version that my mate has in his Patrol.
It fits neatly into the dash with no cutting or modifying and I can put the original stereo back in if I want.

Hope this helps
Steve
AnswerID: 487908

Follow Up By: Bellyup - Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 11:00

Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 11:00
I was looking at the Polaris models but after talking to their staff, I decided against that product.
Have you had a look at OPAL - same idea, Aust. distributor and 3yr warrantee.
I believe they are about to be Hema compatable this month. I've just ordered one so can't say much more at this time.
I recieved a good price from : ron@gcspares.com (Offroad 4x4 Bathurst )
No vested interest, just good service.
Bruce.
FollowupID: 763141

Sponsored Links