Who has an original retro Siddons Pty Ltd Country Camper?

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 17:48
ThreadID: 96155 Views:5837 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Who does have an original retro Siddons Pty Ltd Country Camper from the 70's or whenever they started? Who has the oldest one in eo? Apparently they are the first Jayco's - is that correct?

Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundG'day all,

hoo roo
"the only thing constant in my life is change"

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: aussiedingo (River Rina) - Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 18:00

Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 18:00
G'day again, the brand name on mine is - Country Campers a division of Siddons Pty Ltd Bendigo, "SUNWAGON"Image Could Not Be Found
hoo roo

AnswerID: 488097

Follow Up By: Ron N - Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 19:11

Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 19:11
Hey aussiedingo - I don't suppose this thing also came with a full set of Sidchrome spanners, that sit in a special cupboard in the 'van - and which you've still got, too?? LOL

I never cease to be amazed at the products that many Australian companies turned their hand to, in the period from early WW2 through to the early 1980's - before imports started killing our local industries.

I was surprised to find that the ute tubs on the 3/4 ton - 1 ton Bedford, Dodge and International utes of the 1950's and 1960's were built by Ansair, the coachbuilding division of Ansett.

You're probably on the wrong forum here, you need to brag about your camper on the vintage caravan forum. Those blokes love their vintage vans, and the vintage and classic cars they pull them with!

http://www.vintagecaravans.com/

Cheers - Ron.
FollowupID: 763309

Follow Up By: aussiedingo (River Rina) - Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 20:01

Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 20:01
Thanks Ron, I will look into that site, just trying to stir some interest in our club - hense - what sunwagon do you have & wot year is it? hoo roo

FollowupID: 763316

Follow Up By: Member - eighty matey - Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 21:57

Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 21:57
Hi,

our old camper is a Siddons Sunwagon. From memory it was made in 1979.
We owned it for about 10 years and passed it on to my sister.
Her and her husband have four and a half kids so it suits them to a tee.
We towed ours all over the East Coast and it has done thousand of kilometres. We've camped in it at Tamworth June long weekend with frost and rain, and it's always been cosy. Easily sleep 4 adults and four kids in side.
Another brother in law did it up a few years ago. The main problem was the runners on the front bed (we had two slide out beds) collapse. He replaced them with nylon blocks and they last forever now.
The door area suffered some wear and I can't remember how that was sorted.
Great solid old units and I can't wait to borrow it one weekend.

Cheers,
Steve
FollowupID: 763330

Follow Up By: ross - Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 23:18

Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 23:18
I got an old Siddon's padlock in my workshop.they were really diversified in their day.
I doubt we will see those times again. If there is ever a war with China,the shops will be looking pretty empty.
FollowupID: 763336

Sponsored Links