Closing the Doors on your Vehicle?

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 18:26
ThreadID: 96313 Views:2982 Replies:11 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
How many people do you see that just fling the door open, and slam it shut!!!!....Gives me the Heebies, especially when you have other persons than your own family that does it...GRRRR....Just a pet hate, dosen't do the door and associated bits a lot of good either.

Cheers Axle.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kimba10 - Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 19:25

Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 19:25
Yep Axle know where your coming from. I hate it big time, wife is bad for slaming the boot down on her car and slaming the passengers side door of my prado !!!! grrrr. I would rather shut it twice then slam it the first time. I know some car doors shut alot easier then others and some are heavy etc. I think some do it by accident not realizing how easy the door may shut but when you have had the same vehicle for 6 years then there is no excuse. I sat there one day after she got out with my hands in the catch position, she asked what I was doing, told her I waiting to catch the door trim when it comes flying off, was called a certain word that would be not allowed on here...The worst is when I reverse up the drive way and so when you open the door it wants to just open and then swing on that catch (not sure what you call it) and you can see the inside of the frame flex when the door swings open same if wind gets hold of it. I remind her if I reverse up to watch the door when she opens it not to let it go !!! Bit of care is all it needs. She is very carful in car parks I must admit as she knows I go balistic if I come out and find a dent in my car from some one elses door or because some ass is to lazy to put the trolley away. I try and park far enough away or on an end next to a pole etc. Had our commodore for 5 years (bout it new) and sold it with not one dent in it, was like new, then the new owner got hit up the arse pushed the boot lid upto the rear window... All that care for 5 years lol............................
AnswerID: 488649

Follow Up By: Axle - Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 20:45

Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 20:45
Lol !Kimba,..all that, and not to mention when all windows are up and your head near explodes whilst someone tries to close a door umpteen times!.

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 763806

Reply By: Muntoo - Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 19:27

Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 19:27
AMEN.

I hate it also.

Thats how so much damage occurs in car parks too. Carless, brainless people just flinging doors open.

And the slamming, EVERY person that gets in my car must undergo a strong muscle growth in there arms, just from being in such a masculine rig, because when they close the door, they make sure it closes.
AnswerID: 488650

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 19:36

Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 19:36
Axle! You seem a little unhinged tonight!! ;)) Michael

Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 488651

Follow Up By: Axle - Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 20:50

Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 20:50
They told me i've got a screw loose!!....LOL.

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 763807

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 22:15

Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 22:15
Gday Axle! I had a mate in the early 70's who had a HR Holden and on the painted steel part of the doors above the armrests in Dymo tape he had.. "THE PLEASURES MINE, THE RISK IS YOURS, BUT PLEASE DON'T SLAM THE BLOODY DOORS"... Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

FollowupID: 763820

Reply By: SDG - Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 21:06

Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 21:06
I got a kid in my care who is banned from opening and closing doors for that very reason. He does not care where he is. Could be parked next to another car, fence, tree, etc

Another one I hate is when other people who get in your car, don't treat it with the same respect that you do. By this I mean dropping their rubbish on the floor, dirty feet on dash/window, muddy feet on carpet, not on the mat.

Tell them to be carefull, not do that etc and they give you a blank stare. Been even told not to worry. It will clean off.
AnswerID: 488662

Reply By: rocco2010 - Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 21:10

Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 21:10
Rocco

Slamming the boot is worse ... had an EB Falcon when the kids were young and they and their mates would give the boot lid a shove down from head height. No matter how many times I told 'em ... now it's just me and a ute so it is not a problem!

Magic moment for me a few years ago was when I saw a GYM (georgeous young mum) with one of those lexus hatches with power closing lid and as I walked past she finished loading the groceries, pressed the button and started sorting out her kids as the hatch slowly closed and I couldn't help commenting "how good is that" and she flashed me a smile that made by heart skip a beat and said "yeah, i LOVE it".

Cheers

Rocco
AnswerID: 488663

Reply By: Rockape - Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 21:41

Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 21:41
Axle,
no it doesn't worry me the first time as I ask people to not do it again. This is because some doors need to be slammed and some don't. The second time they really know how I feel.

Years ago I picked up a hitchhiker in my truck. Now I had to work in crud but that didn't mean I had to live in it. I used to keep the cab of that Transtar spotless. Well he put his feet up on the dash and I said please don't do that, well he did it again so I ejected him south of Goondiwindi with a have a nice walk.

AnswerID: 488672

Follow Up By: Life Member - Doug T (NT) - Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 03:29

Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 03:29
Oh yeh... good one mate, I'd done the same except I would not have had a bloke in the cab, it would have been a ........... and she would have walked too.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 763827

Reply By: Bigfish - Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 06:18

Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 06:18
My biggest hate is the idiot who has parked their car in the street and thinking they are the only person using the road, opens the drivers door with no regards to approaching traffic. Disater waiting to happen. The other dangerous practice is the back drivers door open on the road side. Mums big bum stickingt 2 feet whilst she,s adjusting the babys seat or seatbelt...Common sense would say do it from the passenger side!!!,,,yeah, yeah, yeah...I know...its not so common anymore.
cheers
AnswerID: 488688

Reply By: PJR (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 10:21

Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 10:21
We have neighbours who do it EVERY MORNING. And not only the doors on the cars but also the house doors. All of them. You can hear it most quiet evenings and EVERY morning from about 5AM. Fair dinkum it gets our goat well and truly. Brainless.

And who has been on a train lately. I go to Sydney by train for most Parramatta home games and I just do not understand the mindset. They shut them even harder. Damned well slam them. It's almost as if they have been instructed to do so. It's like a competition to see who can do it the loudest. Amazing! No brains here either.

One thing that pleases us about our cars. And that is how easy it is to shut the car's doors. The Maxima is 12 years old and the Toyota is 4. All doors work as new.

That makes me feel better. Good thread.
AnswerID: 488703

Reply By: Bill BD - Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 19:30

Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 19:30
This is the cast of Grumpy Old Men gone digital...... yes?
AnswerID: 488752

Follow Up By: GT Campers - Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 12:42

Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 12:42
please please please let me die peacefully before this happens to me...!
FollowupID: 763949

Reply By: Begaboy - Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:08

Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:08
Its my pet hate also - and the door on the nissan are heavy so when they slam shut the car rocks - and when opened the car rocks

no matter how many time you tell wifey NOT to -- she still does it .. even the kids have worked it out ... next time i think i will just drive off :)
AnswerID: 488801

Reply By: Member - Scott M (NSW) - Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 15:04

Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 15:04
I'll pose an alternative view to this debate...

Ever tried to shut the doors on a 40 series tray with brand new door rubbers??

Ain't no subtle way of doing that.

(Otherwise I agree with the posters)
AnswerID: 488808

Sponsored Links