Front Diff Breather LC 200 Landcruiser

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 15:01
ThreadID: 96327 Views:14851 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am off to Cape York in a few weeks and thus I am trying to extend the breather tube on the front differential of a 200 Series Landcruiser but I can't find the breather tube.

Can someone tell me.
1. Where I can find the breather for the front Diff?
2. Whether it needs extending?(I've already extended the rear Diff breather as it was easy to find)
3. Whether I need to extend breathers for fuel tank and transmission.

Regards

Nick J
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: PeteS - Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 19:25

Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 19:25
G'day Nick,

I have all of the above done on my LC200. I had mine done by Mannell Motors in Sydney due to lack of time. I gained a lot of info from this link LCOOL 200 Series

Give the search engine at LCOOL a go. I think this link with a diagram is what you may want LCOOL Breathers

Cheers,
PeteS
AnswerID: 488749

Reply By: graham B9 - Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 20:06

Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 20:06
I got mine from Pertek. Branches everywhere.
AnswerID: 488757

Reply By: apriti00 - Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 22:59

Sunday, Jun 17, 2012 at 22:59
Hi Nick,

I had mine done as I was short of time, ARB Keilor did the job and ended up with five breathers that covered diffs, gear box and two for the transfer or was that two for the gearbox and one for the transfer case? Anyhow worked out much easier, the link to the Lcool site will be a great source of information if you decide to do the job yourself. There used to be a link to a very good technical section but seems to be unavailable at the moment, anyhow if you have a good look you will find a union exiting the front diff at the top this is connected with a hose to a tube then another hose to the factory breather follow it up and you can either add a section of hose or just replace it from the diff.

Cheers Walter
AnswerID: 488776

Reply By: DaveO*ST-R - Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 09:41

Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 09:41
Nick,

I am also off to the Cape in 4 weeks and don't have the time or more importantly enough knowledge to do the difficult to get to breathers on the 200, so Piranha got my business a couple of weeks ago. As stated there are actually 5 breathers (excluding fuel tank) and on my vehicle 2 of them were "T'd" resulting in 4 new hoses and breathers at the top of the firewall.

The front stock diff breather is easy to see. At the back of the engine next to the firewall on the passenger side, you can see it about 2/3 of the way down, clipped into a double grey/white U shaped clip. If you have signed up for LCOOL, the link showing a picture is below.

http://www.lcool.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4214&highlight=diff+breathers

As to whether you should do the transfer case and gearbox, I decided better to be safe than sorry. A small outlay for such a potential problem with water ingress in my view.

Dave
AnswerID: 488798

Sponsored Links