A possible mini gathering @ Beaver Lodge NSW?

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:58
ThreadID: 96503 Views:2043 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,
just checking to see if there is any interest in a mini get together on the NSW October long weekend Sept. 29th to Oct.1st at Beaver lodge near the Womargama National Park NSW - approx. 450 klm from Melbourne & 500 klm from Sydney just off the Hume freeway.

Image Could Not Be Found

I have made a tentative booking with the owner, the lodge is one large room that can sleep 10+ if required, plenty nearby room for campers. Nearby Womargama Hotel/Motel (approx. 10k's from the lodge) is a tiny bush pub with 6 rooms available now & a vacant block next door for van parking if required free of charge. I can arrange from Holbrook - meat from the local butcher also supplies from the Foodworks store there as well. Also if required I can arrange a barbeque trailer manned by my local Lions Club. Looking foreward to your interest in this project. (I will need some help from some experienced organising club members as well!) hoo roo, Norm

"the only thing constant in my life is change"

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 26, 2012 at 18:50

Tuesday, Jun 26, 2012 at 18:50
Gday
I'll be in if I get back from Darwin on time. Great idea.

Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 489478

Reply By: aussiedingo (River Rina) - Tuesday, Jun 26, 2012 at 19:40

Tuesday, Jun 26, 2012 at 19:40
G'day again, maybe the softroaders will be ok subject to track weather & conditions, also 2WD's could park at Woomargama (or have a go at the minor track - plenty of willing "rescuers" to tow you up!) to be ferried up to the "Lodge" & have priority to the Lodge's indoor 10 + bed space's (nice 'n cosy & there is a wood heater there if cold!) I will take bookings for that indoor space, also has tank water (quality unknown but told is ok) plus a long drop dunny!!! This is an easy "in the middle of nowhere" - but only 10k or so from a major freeway, a getaway for those who don't have the time or vehicle to go to the remote EO gatherings!) as this lodge is open to everyone - there is no priority, so to organise this gathering we have to occupy well before that weekend. early nominations are important, please keep in touch,... hoo roo, Norm

AnswerID: 489481

Follow Up By: aussiedingo (River Rina) - Tuesday, Jun 26, 2012 at 21:51

Tuesday, Jun 26, 2012 at 21:51
G'day again, on the first day (Saturday we will have an hourly patrol of the track to tow 4xby - 2xby to the lodge if needed - only a short distance! This weekend is totally independant of EO, & the only association is it is available for their members/friends with their own insurance(if required) A totally easy peasy weekend with a lot of fresh air & lotsa stars to see!!, hoo roo

FollowupID: 764669

Sponsored Links