Vision agm batteries

Submitted: Monday, Jul 09, 2012 at 15:06
ThreadID: 96767 Views:4356 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I purchased a vision 120ah agm battery today $335 was going to get a fullriver but none were available I was assured they are very good batteries their Internet site looks good
So as I can't find much else about them what do you all think was it a good purchase ?
Steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Jul 09, 2012 at 19:43

Monday, Jul 09, 2012 at 19:43
Steve,

Probably only time will tell, but the majority of AGM batteries are OK, regardless of brand, so I would say you must have been reasonably confident on your purchase.

At 120Ah it must be a heavy mongrel:-)

One site I discovered during a search advertised a Vision AGM Replacement Battery.

"We offer a full line of compatible Vision AGM Batteries manufactured by Amstron, CSB, Genesis, Power-Sonic, Universal and more. To find the replacement battery, find your Vision AGM battery part number below."

This indicates that the Vision brand is probably a "known brand" somewhere in the world and the company concerned is offering "compatible replacements".

Me, I purchased my Remco brand from a reputable retailer (Whitworth Marine in my case) and am confident that they will support and "guarantee" my purchase, should it ever become necessary.

The brand name is less important than the support you need should things go "head down":-)

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 490507

Follow Up By: steved58 - Tuesday, Jul 10, 2012 at 14:20

Tuesday, Jul 10, 2012 at 14:20
Thanks Bill sounds like it may be ok it worries me a little bit when I have never heard of the brand it will get a good test in two weeks when Iam off for a 4 month trip from perth to the cape and back
It is a heavy mother 32.5kgs
Steve
FollowupID: 765907

Reply By: Member -Toonfish - Tuesday, Jul 10, 2012 at 20:59

Tuesday, Jul 10, 2012 at 20:59
I noticed that R & J batteries had 100 ah agm batteries on special for @250 probably better for two.
good specsup against the full river 105 ah agm !
2013/14 around oz adventure bound

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 490600

Sponsored Links