East Coast to the West Coast

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 20:40
ThreadID: 96814 Views:2398 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi We have just returned from our 10 000 klm trip form Innisfail in the east to Broome in the west. Absolutely magnificent scenery, we did the Savannah Way in North Qld through Kingfisher Camp and Hells Gate to Boorooloola then King Ash Bay. Then from Katherine to Timber Creek which I loved and then to Kununura which I also loved. Then did the Gibb River Road towing our Jayco Eagle and having BF Goodrich all terrain tyres not a problem in the world, in our 2009 Toyota Hilux also went like a dream! Beautiful holiday I would recommend it to anyone! The Kimberley's are just magnificent the escarpments are amazing! Manning Gorge was my favorite Gorge also we met some of the most loveliest people, would do that trip time and time again! We could only stay 2 days in Broome at a caravan park as it was booked out, but we found a free camp outside Broome called Willie Creek, it was also beautiful.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Vern (North Haven SA) - Thursday, Jul 12, 2012 at 07:13

Thursday, Jul 12, 2012 at 07:13
Chanel B
Sounds like you had a great trip and seen some just as great places and sites, this is a trip I plan on doing in a few years. How long where you gone for and where you towing anything ??. Also good to have the feed back about the BF Goodrich tyres.
Cheers
AnswerID: 490702

Follow Up By: Chanel B - Thursday, Jul 12, 2012 at 12:08

Thursday, Jul 12, 2012 at 12:08
We were towing a Jayco Eagle, no worries at all except for a bit of dust, we were gone for 7 weeks this was plenty of time.
FollowupID: 766096

Reply By: Member - nick b - Thursday, Jul 12, 2012 at 08:16

Thursday, Jul 12, 2012 at 08:16
Chanel B : We have just returned as well from W.A & Kimberley's and agree with you regarding a the beautiful places & people.
We did 12,000 k's in 6 weeks from south of Adelaide , N.T , top springs kimberley's down the coast & home via Leinster & nullarbor ... towing sar major camper trailer and running on mickey thompson tyres that now have done over 60,000 k's & NO flats .

cheers nick

Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 490706

Sponsored Links