OziExplorer printing maps

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 18:37
ThreadID: 97104 Views:2127 Replies:4 FollowUps:12
This Thread has been Archived
Is there some secret way to print a page from Ozi? Have had this problem for a long time (keep forgetting to ask the question) It all comes up with the print format and then just keeps looking, have tried all the normal ways with the printer.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 19:18

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 19:18
Hi Bruce,

We have had our little differences re Isuzu vs Colorado build in the past but this is a different issue.

From my experience, the print function from Oziexplorer is very average indeed.

I don't have the problem you are experiencing, but the map printout I get is pretty ordinary.

I have left the default page as is, except for the following in the Print option window:-

Window - Fit to page (highlighted)

The result I get is an accurate printout of the map and anything loaded, such as tracks, waypoints, etc. but the resulting print is only a bit over 1/2 page, regardless of whether I have selected Portrait or Landscape mode.

I haven't done anything else and I have changed printers a couple of times over the years, so it is not the printer.

Perhaps you could send an email to Des at OziExplorer with your exact problem.
They are pretty good with response to any problem.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 491726

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 19:44

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 19:44
"but the resulting print is only a bit over 1/2 page, regardless of whether I have selected Portrait or Landscape mode."

Hi

This is probably caused by conflicting printer settings. Selecting Portrait/Landscape needs to be done via the SETUP option (second button from left along bottom) in the Print Map box as well as the Orientation option on the main page.

Use the Preview option to check you have setting correct before printing.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 767279

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 20:29

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 20:29
Did all that Greg, and it just keeps trying if you try to hard it will not let you go out and then have to turn the computer off with the power button. This has happened before so I just decided to find out why. I have paid for the soft ware to many years ago lol.
I mostly do not worry about printing maps off but need to have a paper copy so the boss can follow it on the Android Tablet whilst I am using the Nuvi street directory.
FollowupID: 767281

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 19:32

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 19:32
Hi,
I use windows snipping tool to get a *.png image of the map I want to print; I then use microsoft office picture manager or other photoshop software to print the image to the size required... A4 or A3
regards
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 491728

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 19:56

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 19:56
Fred love that little tool. We have it at work and it's magic. Pity my old version of Windows here at home doesn't have it.

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 767280

Reply By: The Explorer - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 19:38

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 19:38
Hi

Assume you are using latest version (3.95.5n).

Works for me. Bit hard to diagnose your problem as could be a number of issues..some not related to Ozi...anyway

What do you mean by "It all comes up with print format" At what point of the process does this happen? Are you cliking on File - Print - Print Map Image and getting box shown below?

Image Could Not Be Found

Which options have you tried in the Print Map Section (Window - fit to page etc. etc). Does the Preview option work for you? When you click Setup is your printer shown?

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 491729

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 08:11

Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 08:11
Just a thought Bruce - Have you perhaps selected one of the "Map" options (the lower left ones on Greg's image)? With a big map loaded that could take a very long time to convert to a printable image.

Cheers

John
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 767318

Reply By: Isuzumu - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 20:20

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 20:20
Thanks for all the input guys, Greg I do what you have said and the little blue circle just keeps going round, our printer does not seem to recognise it (the printer is working ok for every thing else)
AnswerID: 491733

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 21:13

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 21:13
Bruce I have printed heaps of Ozi maps with waypoints and tracks on them on a number of printers up to a massive plotter and never had an issue.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 767286

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 22:05

Thursday, Jul 26, 2012 at 22:05
...may fall into the too hard basket this one ...unless someone else has had the exact same issue, solved it and is listening. Suggested workarounds maybe the only short term solution (e.g. Screen capture and print from some image software.)

Cheers
Greg

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 767292

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 06:28

Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 06:28
While I am working out how to do that Greg, just had a thought see the picture Annie took of the map on my Android Tablet in thread 97003. So I take a photo of the map on the computer and print off the photo from there.
FollowupID: 767312

Follow Up By: PJR (NSW) - Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 08:32

Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 08:32
Greg

I was having the same trouble with printing most of South Australia from the Tropo 250 map of all Australia. The computer just kept going until I rebooted. Then I selected the Windows fit to page and lesser zoom, selected landscape and not a worry. Portrait worked but got it on the top half of the page.

This sounds exactly like what happened last night.

Bruce try a smaller map or if you have zoomed in then zoom out a bit and see how you go. It sounds like Ozi is trying to compress a hell of a lot of data onto just one page.
FollowupID: 767319

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:26

Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:26
...good suggestion - could be the problem.

Cheers
Greg

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 767330

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:55

Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:55
Just tried what PJR said and all good thanks everyone.
FollowupID: 767333

Follow Up By: PJR (NSW) - Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 13:06

Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 13:06
Do you mean to say that I got something right after all these years (65). My teacher would be surprised if he was still alive.

Excellent. And thanks for dropping back to tell everyone it is fixed. So many don't.

9 days to go!!!!!!! Just put the tent on the car.

Cheers
FollowupID: 767338

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 14:56

Friday, Jul 27, 2012 at 14:56
No worries PJR I am one of the nice guys here LOL sounds like your heading off some where, have a good time.

PS did a couple of pages and then the printer run out of ink hahahahahaha
FollowupID: 767341

Sponsored Links