D250S DC dual charger

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 16:12
ThreadID: 97194 Views:1677 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys this is my first time at this. So hope it works.
I have just put one of the above in my camper. It already has a VSR set up (voltage sentisive relay).
Do I disconnect the charge wire from the relay (VSR) and connect it to the in terminal on the 250s. Then add a new wire from the out terminal on the 250s to the to the charge terminal on the VSR. I have done this, but the power light doesn't come on. Maybe I have to connect the andersen plug to the vehicle?
Cheers
Bob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 22:29

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 22:29
I don't know anything about your voltage sensitive relay but you should bypass it if you intend using the D250S.

The input should come from the "charge" wire from the vehicle and connect directly to the input terminal on the D250S. the output from the D250S should go directly to the positive teminal on your battery bank, preferably via an inline fuse.

Trying to connect two pieces of electronic "management" devices together may introduce additional complications you just don't need.

The Ctek D250S has all the smarts in it to manage full control over the input from the vehicle alternator and the output to the battery bank in the camper.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 492045

Reply By: Aussie Bob- Thursday, Aug 02, 2012 at 18:08

Thursday, Aug 02, 2012 at 18:08
Thanks Sandman.
Your comment makes sense.
Much appreciated.
Bob.
AnswerID: 492085

Sponsored Links