HEMA HN5i NMEA functions/Moving map

I am really struggling to use my HN5i NMEA function with the supplied software.
I have set GPS/PC to COM7 and set the baud to 4800 I have also tried multiple COM ports and baud settings. I even tried the HEMA support centre with no joy...
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Friday, Aug 10, 2012 at 09:04

Friday, Aug 10, 2012 at 09:04
What are you trying to achieve?

The Hema should operate successfully with the factory default settings.

On my unit:-
NMEA (GPS) settings

Comm Port COM7
Baud 38400
Sentence GPRMC

Select Page - GPS Status
GPS Status Should show GPS On and NMEA Output continually updating at bottom of screen.
Button on right side turns GPS function On/Off

The hema does not output GPS data externally, so if you are trying to input data into a PC to feed another program, you can't do it.
The Hema is a self contained unit and cannot be used as GPS input to another device.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 492636

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Friday, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:23

Friday, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:23
Yes the NMEA settings only relate to data transfer from the internal GPS to programs installed on the unit - AFAIK there is no way to send NMEA data to external devices. If you are just trying to transfer waypoints and track data then the NMEA settings are not relevant. You need to install on you PC ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Centre (depending on OS on PC) - these programs will allow you to transfer data (but not NMEA) using normal windows cut/paste/copy plus use that cut down version of OziExplorer (Hema Navigator Explorer). All these are available for download here

One solution to the NMEA probem (if that is in fact what you are trying to do) is to purchase a cheap "GPS Mouse".

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 768310

Sponsored Links